NC750S

Chat about any motorbike here.
Raven
Current Ride: Vespa SS180 - Kawasaki 1400GTR

Re: NC750S

Post by Raven »

Can't say I know of any SYM dealers in Cornwall now, it used to be Cornwall Kawasaki, but I see they've kicked them into touch now. Come to that there aren't many what I would call true scooter dealers in Cornwall at all. Most are mainly bike dealers that just keep a very limited stock.

I had to go to Exeter for my new GTS that's a 200 mile round trip every-time I need a service or warranty repair. Once the warranty's out I'll be doing all my own servicing.

Raven

Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Post by Drago »

gn2 wrote:Don't remember you proving that about fuel consumption?
What I do remember is that you compared it to the original Silverwing rather than the current one.
I can't remember the exact topic(s) but I mentioned some people say the Maxsym 600i had poor fuel consumption. You was
one that said this and posted fuelly reports from two owners. I'd presume to prove your point that Maxsym 600i has poor mpg. The fuelly reports you showed it's mpg was level with and in cases slightly better than the pre and post 2007 Silverwing, which was what I pointed out, you went silent after this. I also pointed out that earlier Silverwings could drop into their 30's when pushed hard. As we were discussing the Silverwing and Maxsym 600. You provided the facts to prove the Maxsym 600 has the same at worst and better mpg than a Silverwing. This I pointed out without needing to find facts of my own, for you provided them for me. Thanks.

SYM wise. I rarely use mine now. I'm riding my Daelim S1 125 instead to work now 95% of the time. My SYM is looking a little tired now, still going strong mechanically wise but cosmetically it's knackered. 7 years of all year riding have taken there toll on most of it. My next Maxi probably won't be an SYM, I've ridden SYM's for nearly eleven years now and feel its time for a change.

Now back on topic. I like the idea of the NC series, but I would rather they did a Maxi version (with both storage & weather protection) rather than motorcycles with fake tanks.
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

that'll be the integra.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

horobags wrote:that'll be the integra.

Yes but NO storage Mark. Well! that hole under the seat does not hold a lot. :lol:

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Nothing that a set of soft panniers won't cure .

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

I've got the hard Honda panniers and they're great quality and don't hinder filtering much but ethey're not as useful as one massive underseat compartment.

Having said that it's not often I actually need that much storage anyway, I can still get a couple of bags of coal in the top box so I'm happy!!

The weather protection is excellent, easily as good as the Xevo so I'm glad I picked the Integra over the other nc bikes

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Ferret wrote:Nothing that a set of soft panniers won't cure .
I have a full Givi set. :lol: