NC750S

Chat about any motorbike here.
gn2

NC750S

Post by gn2 »

Have had an NC750S demonstrator on loan since Tuesday while my Forza is being serviced.
Find it odd that the dealer has had to order in brake pads for the Forza, I would have expected consumables like that to be held in stock.
Hey-ho, it just means I get to keep the loan bike for longer.

Some time ago I had an NC700X DCT and disliked the riding ergonomics, vibes and the DCT.
The S model is comfier for me, vibration is sorted to a tolerable level on the 750 engine and the manual option suits me better, I doubt I could ever get on with DCT.
So IMO the NC750S is actually quite pleasant to ride.
With the fake tank and a pair of side cases just maybe it might fit the bill for my next steed.

The dealer is teasing me with a deal on this demonstrator NC750S.... Bad man that he is! :lol:

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Re: NC750S

Post by michaelphillips »

there are a load of 700s and x`s on ebay at the mo, on another thought i was instructing my daughter on the CBS on her honda scoot so as she did not have too much front brake in this weather, your only here once lad just follow your heart
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

bornagainbiker
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by bornagainbiker »

Check out the current offers at Newcastle Motorcycles Honda.
http://www.newcastlemotorcycles.co.uk/h ... nc750x.htm

I'm sure the S version can be offered with similar kit.

I must now declare my Interest, as I now work there doing the website, on-line inquiries, Service and Extended Guarantee plans :)
2018 Honda Forza 300 Daelim S3 Advance 250 Piaggio Fly 125 3v Burgman 650 L1 Burgman 400 K8

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Yep there's deals to be done, seen a brand new one advertised for £5000 recently.
An ex-demo would be even less than that....

Drago
Benefactor
Current Ride: SYM Mask 125

Post by Drago »

Blimey! 6days for a service! There was me thinking 2-3hours was long for my SYM...
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Not just a service, its had a new waterpump mechanical seal (warranty) and a new fuel pump (recall)
The whole job would have been done in under five hours if the dealer had the pads in stock.
A Sym dealer wouldn't have given me a nice shiny 750cc bike to play with....

Drago
Benefactor

Post by Drago »

gn2 wrote:Not just a service, its had a new waterpump mechanical seal (warranty) and a new fuel pump (recall)
The whole job would have been done in under five hours if the dealer had the pads in stock.
A Sym dealer wouldn't have given me a nice shiny 750cc bike to play with....
Ah so again poor build quality? Would you honestly buy another Honda after having two of their machines requiring warranty work due to poor quality parts?

SYM dealer and loan bikes... Can you prove then that not one SYM dealer in the whole country provide loan bikes?
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Drago wrote:Would you honestly buy another Honda after having two of their machines requiring warranty work due to poor quality parts?
Yes.
Drago wrote:SYM dealer and loan bikes... Can you prove then that not one SYM dealer in the whole country provide loan bikes?
Not interested in the whole country, just the dealer nearest to me.
Which is out in the arse end of nowhere and probably doesn't even have a Joymax in the showroom never mind a demonstrator.

Drago
Benefactor

Post by Drago »

Well at least with the Forza it'll be keeping Honda in business with new bikes to try and flog to you every time
you bring it in to be fixed...
Current rides

SYM Joymax Z+ 300 2022+
SYM Mask 125 2019-

gn2

Post by gn2 »

At least the Honda dealer actually has stock to sell should I decide to change.
Last summer the Sym importer couldn't even rustle up a couple or three demo scoots and stick them in a van.
As for warranty repairs, I remember reading on here that it took two years to get a Sym Joyride dash fixed.