Yamaha MT 07 Demo Ride

Chat about any motorbike here.
SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Yamaha MT 07 Demo Ride

Post by SH125Paul »

Following the Scoot's end of warranty check the other week... the scoot was in for some warranty work today - replacement steering head bearings.
Dropped the scoot off about 9 this morning, and was informed that the scoot 'prolly won't be ready till about 2ish - 4 hrs for the bearings, plus lunch and a look at the squeak from the engine pivot etc...

So with the keys to their Red MT 07 demo, wiv just under 1000 mile on the clock, I head back out along the A27 from where I came!
Back towards the A2 / A20, past the Oakdene Café then down 7 mile lane, picking up the A21 towards Hastings...
A brief stop at the http://route1066cafe.co.uk/wp/ for an all day breakfast, on thru Hastings, Rye, Camber, Lydd, Romney Marshes, then back via Appledore, Tenterden, Sissinghurst, Tonbridge, Paddock Wood, Hop Farm, and back down 7 mile lane, Wroutham, Meopham and Gravesend.

Scoot wasn't ready - so another quick run back down the A227 to Tonbridge and back...
Nice bike for £5k

And beats going to work - nice having a hire for the day and just paying for fuel!
Now I won't a go on the MT 09...

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Re: Yamaha MT 07 Demo Ride

Post by VOZZA »

Yep sounds like a good day was had, so what were your impressions of the MT07?
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

SH125Paul
Benefactor

Post by SH125Paul »

Very dinky...
compact 'watch' like twin feels and sounds almost like a gear driven bike, like the old RVF400s...
Over the past 10 yrs I am more used to the 644 big single, and softer plusher ride, cosseted on longer travel WP suspension.
but all in for the price a great bike, as I suppose the Kwak Versys and a few others are.
bit too much bend at the knee, of more than I am used too..
bit snatchy at start of throttle travel, but a real smooth over 4k rev, bit boggy if you let the revs drop, but not as bad as the CCM.
gearbox feels real tight - but bike only had 1000 miles on the clock - for some reason it didn't seem to like block changes - as I more used too - heavy breaking then dropping 2 or 3 gears for a corner, the Yam twin preferring dropping a gear at a time...
no wind protection, no weather protection, no storage... just fun for a few hours and a couple of hundred miles... fun in the sun! excellent B road blasting don't think it is uber fast or anything... drives up to 80ish nicely...
would like to try the MT 09 tribble!

Normsthename
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield Classic 350

Post by Normsthename »

would like to try the MT 09
Talked to a few owners who upgraded from the MT07 to the MT09 and they say that the MT09 is a totally different beast to the MT07 :D
I was interested in the MT07 but it was just too small for my Bulk
The MT09 is definitely not a beginners bike because it will bite!
Ive owned more than my fair share of high powered bikes, a lot with much more BHP than the MT09....
But I can't remember one where the throttle picked up as quickly, it's power to weight is brilliant.
Owners that have Akrapovic systems and have them remapped are seeing a genuine 115-117bhp at the rear wheel, and the bike only weighs 180kg Fuelled up! :shock:
The different power modes are very noticeable, in B Mode it is almost civilised!
In A Mode it is an animal and the bike grows Fangs when you open it up :D

Andy
2024 Royal Enfield Classic 350
1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
2016 Microcar MGO3 - 4 wheeled Scooter with a roof :D

SH125Paul
Benefactor

Post by SH125Paul »

My 1000 exup was about 125 rwhp - but prolly weighed 280kg...