A new 650 for only £3599

Chat about any motorbike here.
Deleted User 62

Re: A new 650 for only £3599

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Just cos they are SORNED does not mean they are out of use cos of defects
2 off the road...why?..buggered? or just not being used?
Who knows!

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Sorry wasn't clearer, I meant that two reports of dodgy ones is a high percentage of the total of twenty-one registered.

Deleted User 62

Ta for that.
It is a high percentage.
In my past, i have had some troublesome bikes (Suzuki GT550..Kawasaki ZZR600) i dont think the Tr can be any worse than them.
We will see in time.

Superscoot
Current Ride: Daelim S3 250 and Zontes 125

Post by Superscoot »

Found the site - http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/

User name:
WirralGhostHunter

He has more than one thread detailing his tales of woe with WK bikes

This is the last post he made:

In desperation, I contacted my long suffering dealer to see if he had anything to see me through the winter.
He had nothing in stock, but came back to me saying WK had a Jetmax that they had returned because a dealer went bust. Supposedly brand new..... And I could have it for somewhat less than list..
Alarm bells clanging in my head, but he assured me that all the bugs had been ironed out since I last had one...
I needed a bike and going against my instincts I agreed, knowing I could rely on him for support.

OK, two cfmoto lemons (650nk + Jetmax), surely now I should have a good one - right?

WRONG!

Scoot delivered early evening, nice shiny black one. I put it under cover ready for work - next morning.

Day 1.. Started up and left for work. Two miles in and on the motorway - all the dash went dead - no speedo, lights - nothing. The whole panel dead. Next exit off I go and return home.
Straight on the phone to the supplier - he cant collect for a week, as it was Friday, I agreed to look to see if I could spot what was wrong. WATER WATER WATER in all the connectors - dry them off and ACF50 them all.
Dash and lights work again.

I let him know, he sound relieved. I also notice that this one has non adjustable rear shocks, my last one had adjustable's - perhaps this is how WK import them now..

Day 3. Starter makes a clacking sound. Does not sound healthy. Need to go to work - so off I go. Starter clacking louder when turned - report to dealer.

Dealer rings Main importer on my behalf, to give them a going over.
They in return bollock him for selling me another scoot - work that one out.... Their words - " what the fuck are you doing selling him another vehicle" Nice I must say.

Day 6. Scoot wont start. no power to starter.

On the phone and my dealer agrees to pick it up.

Goes away and few days later comes back, starts up - but the starter noisy as hell.

Day 8. Error lights throw code - roll sensor - (remember that one)..

Day 9. No power to starter.

Dealer collects again, and delivers back a week later.

Day 10, starts and off I go to work, when I finish ready for return home engine cuts out - ring recovery to be lifted home.

Ring dealer, goes away and come back (while I'm at work - my son takes delivery)...

Day 11, starter turns once, then no power. Ring the dealer ( he says - oh that happened here too) ..

No time to sort now, I need to get to work.

Uncover my 2nd 650nk the nice red and black one - that had some issues but hopefully was going to get me to work -

WRONG!

Wont start - throws error code ..............

I resist kicking it over onto its side and explode on the phone to my dealer.

After long discussion, and kudos to him, he agrees to take both scoot and 650nk back, and source me a new bike.

Another Chinese bike perhaps - NOT A FUCKING CHANCE - I tell him JAP............

Over next week I test ride a NCX700, a Versys650 and a Vstrom 650 ABS.

Any way, I loose a barrow full of money, but at least I get rid of these nightmares.

UK readers who come across my posts, take heed.

Don't believe in bad luck, bad mojo, or anything else.

DON'T TOUCH THESE WK BIKES - JETMAX OR 650i-

I know I will probably get the usual - well I have one and mine is fine.

I'VE HAD FOUR - 2 JETMAX - 2 650i ...

If I had been thrashing them do you thing my dealer would have entertained me -- NO!

UK readers BEWARE! STAY AWAY FROM THESE WK BIKES.

Do yourself a favour and buy Jap - new or second hand - BUY JAP
Screw the EU

I have no problem with authority, I just don't like being told what to do
... anarchist joke

Superscoot

Post by Superscoot »

gn2 wrote:lets not forget that my Honda has had a rear brake disc and pads, two left lever brake light switches, one waterpump mechanical seal and two transmission bearings under warranty and a fuel pump under recall in just over 20,000 miles.

Sounds like it's assembled in Thailand with Chinese made parts (just being sarcastic - don't know where its made)

I'm pretty sure new bikes will get less and less reliable as time goes by, regardless of the make - Chinese made parts are sure to be used to cut costs
Screw the EU

... anarchist joke

gn2

Post by gn2 »

It is a Thailand job, parts from who knows where. More than likely a lot of them from China.

Deleted User 62

Thanks for that Superscoot,
Iam on there,and have read some of it.
The thread is dated 2012/13, so the scoot/bikes would have been some of the very early models imported to the UK,
So i assume (hope :D ) some (or all!) of the problems have been ironed out since then.
I will find out in time.

Superscoot

Post by Superscoot »

It's an old saying - "never buy the mark 1 of anything"

Don't know if they've improved or not

I was going to risk it and buy a new WK Jetmax - but the Importer won't import the scooters fitted with the passenger grab handles that bolt to a top-box mounting plate - nor will they import the necessary grab handles and mounting plate separately - so you have to import the correct handles and plate yourself from China if you want to fit a top box

I decided not to buy a WK/CF Moto Jetmax simply because they won't take a top box - and the importer doesn't give a shit about it
Screw the EU

... anarchist joke

gn2

Post by gn2 »

A bike training company in Aberdeen has used two of the unfaired 650s as direct access learner bikes for some time now, it appears they are still working OK.

Deleted User 62

I think i would be a little p**sed if i could not get a rack for a bike/scoot.
But thats not a problem i have with the Tr.
We pays our money and make our choices of a bike/scoot.
I made mine...so i will live with it,
And see how it goes. icon_thumbs_up.gif