A new 650 for only £3599

Chat about any motorbike here.
bornagainbiker
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

A new 650 for only £3599

Post by bornagainbiker »

Okay, it's the Chinese WK650TR but it seems a lot of bike for that money. It has it's failings but gets favourable reports.
http://www.wkbikes.com/650cc_motorbikes_wk-650tr.html
2018 Honda Forza 300 Daelim S3 Advance 250 Piaggio Fly 125 3v Burgman 650 L1 Burgman 400 K8

Deleted User 62

Re: A new 650 for only £3599

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I have had a WK65tr since the start of the year.
It has some rough edges,,,but no worse than some other bikes/scoots i have had in the past,
I have kept it covered in ACF50 and nothing has gone rusty/corroded/fallen off.
Sure, its not up to Jap standards, but it not that far off.
The wheels will be powder coated over the winter, because the paint on the wheels does not look very durable, but its not been a problem so far.
It has span adjustable wheels on the levers, but the clutch lever does not adjust, the cam is just round, no cam so not adjustable!, why go to the bother and not make it adjustable! go figure!.
The side stand is way too short, it leans quite a bit when on it, but i will sort that out soon
And no centre stand, the huge exhaust takes up all the space that a centre stand would take up, i have a rear paddock stand for chain lubing/adjusting duties.
The indicators were a sod to cancel until i found the knack, have no problems now,
Its fits me just fine, quite comfy, the seat to handlebars to footpegs are just right for my height (6ft)
I am quite happy with the Tr, I would have loved a new TMax, but it was out of my pocket, and £4,200 for WK was more to my liking (tight git! :lol: )
Would i recommend one,,to someone with a bit of mechanical knowledge and mechanical sympathy, yes
To someone who just rides and does not clean their bike/scoots much, no!
Its not superbike fast (120mph flat out, so WK say) but plenty fast enough for the riding i do,
But it does handle, feels very nuetral, should imagine with it fully loaded it may get a bit wallowy, but i doubt i would push it that hard.
The WK also come with a built in pillion grab rail/rear rack, so i just mounted a top plate and the top box was on, every other bike i have had i had to buy a rear rack.
The bike also came with a taller winter screen, so something else that i did not have to buy.
As said,,up to present, quite happy with the WK

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

That looks like a real bargain. I've read a bit about those in the past and they look to be great value, £3600 is ridiculous value.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

I would go for a second hand Suzi SV 650 - long standing model, spares and aftermarket parts galore...
or early kwack parallel 600 / 650 - what was the early versy model called nf?

Deleted User 62

I looked at a SV...some good deals to be had out there,
but i sat on one, too cramped for me.
ER6...after my last try at a Kawasaki (ZZR600) i said never again to a Kwak.

At least with the WK i know its not been dropped/abused/negleted by a previous owner.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Ive seen clives and must say I was very impressed, better looking than a deauville.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

frankiej1949
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by frankiej1949 »

Lot of bike for the money!

Deleted User 62

horobags wrote:Ive seen clives and must say I was very impressed, better looking than a deauville.
Ahh, but will it last as long as the Deauville Mark?

Only time will tell! ;)

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

It's a nice looking bike that's for sure

Superscoot
Current Ride: Daelim S3 250 and Zontes 125

Post by Superscoot »

There's the sad tale of a UK guy on a Chinese scooter forum

He bought a new WK Jetmax 250cc scooter - it gave so much trouble the dealer gave him a new Jetmax

Trouble was that the replacement scooter was also a piece of junk - so the guy paid the extra and bought the WK 650 motorbike - as he'd read good stuff about it

The 650 was also junk - so the dealer gave him a new 650 to keep him sweet

The replacement 650 was also junk - so after two WK Jetmax scooters, and two WK 650 motorbikes, he cut his losses and went to a dealer of Japanese bikes and traded in the WK 650 - he got next to nothing for it in PX, but he couldn't take any more of the shit WK bikes
Screw the EU

I have no problem with authority, I just don't like being told what to do
... anarchist joke