A new 650 for only £3599

Chat about any motorbike here.
Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Re: A new 650 for only £3599

Post by Dave Weller »

Before tainting the bikes as junk, what's the bloke like. some people do not look after anything,
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

+1

bornagainbiker
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by bornagainbiker »

I looked at one today and they had a dark red one in stock still advertised at the first original price of over £5200!, and was probably the same bike in stock from launch? They said it's failings were no centre stand and no odo trip. I tried the indicator cancel switch and you have to wiggle it to one side to engage the cancel. If you are a summer biker and look after it then it should be okay? It looked impressive and only £3599 + £136 OTR. The secret would be to keep it for a long time and do not try to part exchange it as dealers will probably offer you pennies, that's even if they want it.

For GN2 - it has a full mph speedo with no kph.
2018 Honda Forza 300 Daelim S3 Advance 250 Piaggio Fly 125 3v Burgman 650 L1 Burgman 400 K8

Superscoot
Current Ride: Daelim S3 250 and Zontes 125

Post by Superscoot »

Dave Weller wrote:Before tainting the bikes as junk, what's the bloke like. some people do not look after anything,
I'll try and find the thread

Don't think the guy had any luck with the brand at all - bikes basically wouldn't run, so he didn't get the chance to mistreat them
Screw the EU

I have no problem with authority, I just don't like being told what to do
... anarchist joke

gn2

Post by gn2 »

bornagainbiker wrote:For GN2 - it has a full mph speedo with no kph.
That's excellent news, and not just for me, legions of MPH speedo buyers will now set their sights on owning one of these excellent machines :lol:

Before anyone gets carried away about Japan -v- China, lets not forget that my Honda has had a rear brake disc and pads, two left lever brake light switches, one waterpump mechanical seal and two transmission bearings under warranty and a fuel pump under recall in just over 20,000 miles.
Oh and two exhaust clamps and three exhaust connector gaskets.
(need to get the exhaust off just to check the rear brake pads :evil: )
And a fair bit of hammerite on the rusty bits, the worst being the centrestand which has seized up three times already.
Then there's the three stuck/rounded bolts in the exhaust heatshield....

Deleted User 62

My Tr is a 2014 model (according to the frame number) and it does not have ODO or clock,
Cant say i ever use the ODO on my TMax more than a couple of times.
I just bought a cheapo stick on clock...It will do, just cant see it in the dark! :-)
It aint no Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki, but i did not pay Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki money for it.
The 2 year warranty (for what its worth?) makes me feel a little bit secure about the Tr.
As i say, time will tell, so far its standing up well to the English weather....yes i ride in the wet/crap weather....but iam a bit picky about keeping it clean, so that may be helping.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

you may well read a post about a bad expierience with a machine, but no one ever tells a story of the ones that do thousands of trouble free miles, because its not interesting reading.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Deleted User 62

+1......very true

Normsthename
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield Classic 350

Post by Normsthename »

you may well read a post about a bad expierience with a machine, but no one ever tells a story of the ones that do thousands of trouble free miles, because its not interesting reading.
+2
Go on any Bike Forum and there will be somebody whose had a Badun :)

Andy
2024 Royal Enfield Classic 350
1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
2016 Microcar MGO3 - 4 wheeled Scooter with a roof :D

gn2

Post by gn2 »

In the case of the WK tourer, a couple of baduns is a very high percentage.....

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/cf_moto_cf_650_tr