A new 650 for only £3599

Chat about any motorbike here.
Black Wing
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 650 L4 Black

Re: A new 650 for only £3599

Post by Black Wing »

Clive, I hope the bike is a good un.

The Brits used to mock the Japanese and look how that turned out.....

Only drawback for me would be that my local dealer is New Forest Garden Machinery! :o

I kid you not! :D
Ken.

Experience is something I only ever get a second after I really need it!

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Hi Blackwing.
I hope so too! :-)
I bought my bike from Petch,s motorcycles in Grimsby.
But i have another WK dealer near me (Moby Dicks motorcycles..Borrowash Derby) if needed.
I will take my bike back to Grimsby as it gets me a day ride out for the day,
I will let them do the service work, to keep the warranty in place. after that i will be doing the stuff that i can.
New Forest Gardens can sort your scoot and give your ride on mower a service too! :-)

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Clive's looked well put together when I saw it on the Essex ride out.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Superscoot
Current Ride: Daelim S3 250 and Zontes 125

Post by Superscoot »

There are a lot of happy owners - but there are also a few not so happy - electrical faults and oil leaks

CF Moto has a bad reputation for claiming that the faults are not covered by warranty

Found this:
http://www.productreview.com.au/p/cf-moto-650nk.html
Screw the EU

I have no problem with authority, I just don't like being told what to do
... anarchist joke

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Superscoot wrote:CF Moto has a bad reputation for claiming that the faults are not covered by warranty

Found this:
http://www.productreview.com.au/p/cf-moto-650nk.html
Plenty of problems then and, where mileage has been stated, all the good reviews written by people who haven't yet done 5000 miles.

One bloke says "Despite the sceptics of a chinese brand motorcycle, it is fantastic I have no complaints." after having covered a grand total of 360 miles :roll:

gn2

Post by gn2 »

360 miles is not bad, there were a few Honda Forza 300s that wouldn't even start straight out the crate due to the fuel pump issue.

pikey

Post by pikey »

Few Chinese parts in Jap stuff now .When you consider Honda Helix was £4K in early 90 ' s forza cheap in comparison.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

According to this inflation calculator, £4000 in 1995 is equivalent to £7110 now.
So yes, the Forza is cheap compared to that, but not cheap compared to a Daelim S3 Advance 250, which despite being £1300 cheaper may actually prove to be be more reliable.

Superscoot
Current Ride: Daelim S3 250 and Zontes 125

Post by Superscoot »

gn2 wrote: So yes, the Forza is cheap compared to that, but not cheap compared to a Daelim S3 Advance 250, which despite being £1300 cheaper may actually prove to be be more reliable.

Bolton Motorcycles discount the S3 250 by £300 - so that makes it £1600 cheaper - and currently you get a rack and matching Daelim top box included

Only problem so far on my S3 250 has been a failed front fork oil seal - and that was fixed FOC under warranty (not a hint of a problem with the warranty claim done through my nearest authorized dealer, despite me buying the bike 2nd hand from an ebay trader)

I think Chinese is OK for copies of 1980's bikes - but when you start manufacturing "modern" bikes with computers and sensors, you need some good quality control ... and a no-quibble warranty
Screw the EU

I have no problem with authority, I just don't like being told what to do
... anarchist joke

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Ducati ECU....Marelli injectors and KYB suspension.
Few European parts in the WK650 Tr :-)