Harley street 750 review

Chat about any motorbike here.
Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Harley street 750 review

Post by Ferret »

I had one on test today and here are my thoughts . I have had many hd over the years including a night rod which the 750 motor is based upon. The engine is great lovely mid range and it accelerates very nicely when using the mid rename torque . It feels a lot lighter than what it actually is and its handling is light and precise when riding at a normal pace .thebrakes work well enough but if used forcefully it makes the plush suspension squirm .combined braking is the key to keeping everything behaving itself . The finish is good overall. And it's fitted with Michelin radials which are very nice . The whole package soaked up our bad roads very nicely . Now at£5700 it is good value compared to its competition . The bad bits I found my boots grounded out far too easily on roundabouts and the fuel tank is too small . For me the riding position is too low and caused some cramps in my hips but that's more me than a bike fault . In the real world a t max is quicker and lighter but £2k more . On my return home on the srv I realised just how good the srv is in comparison to the hd and many other machines ,I don't think. I will return to the bikes any time soon maxi,s are great .

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: Harley street 750 review

Post by horobags »

good review ferret, I quite like the new 750, and the price is right, Ive had 2 883 sportys in the past and what I want out of riding now , lower price harleys cant offer. I do admire them though. 8-)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Ferret
Benefactor

Post by Ferret »

Horobags I actually believe the street 750 although not as traditional as the 883 and its variants is a far better prospect especially for a daily ride and at £5700 compared to anything else out there ATM it's a good deal . HD have uped there game with all there models with much better suspension and brakes across the board . I think my dyna 1450 twin cam was my overall favourite ,never fell apart ,did 50k no problems and the only corrosion was the old rusty spokes scenario . I did upgrade its suspension and brakes to give a much improved ride and handling .

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Ferret wrote:£5700 compared to anything else out there ATM it's a good deal
Err no.
Only that price in black and doesn't have ABS.
There's plenty bikes available for similar or less money that have ABS and will run rings round it while being more economical and having better tank range.
Honda NC750S springs instantly to mind.
A good tank range for a Harley would be Bovington, give the gunnery trainees something to aim at.

Ferret
Benefactor

Post by Ferret »

Gn2 I meant it to in regard to its rivals like xv 950 yam as a example ,I have ridden a nc 750 ,I found it to be oh so bland but a very practical machine ,too tall for me though . The HD was fun .

horobags
Benefactor

Post by horobags »

the oposition like the vt750 shadow, xv950, vl800 intruder, vn 800. All cost more than the harley and if we are all honest are harley lookalikes. Non of them have ABS either. If I was looking for a custom/cruiser I'd really consider the new harley 750. I think it will sell well.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

In terms of a v-twin custom style thing then yes its a bit cheaper than the Jap ones, but for now it lacks ABS and that is a very big problem imo.
AFAIK the XV950 is the only one currently available with ABS but that should change in the not too distant future.
Remains to be seen how reliable these Chinese Harleys will be.
Fun for those of short leg can be had for much less than the Harley, £4350 gets you a Z300 and its got ABS.

horobags
Benefactor

Post by horobags »

yep, I must admit the z300 looks a fantastic new model.

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

I quite like the look of the Street 750, but it is not an option for me because it is too small. icon_crying.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

gn2 wrote: A good tank range for a Harley would be Bovington, give the gunnery trainees something to aim at.
Ooh! Cutting! True though...