Decision Time

Chat about any motorbike here.
road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Decision Time

Post by road runner »

Having recently retired and no longer racking up the miles I thought it was about time for a change.
Whilst I have really enjoyed my scooters, deep down I have missed having a motorcycle in the stable. I still have a hankering for a Vespa 250/300 and I am waiting for the right one to come along. As for the motorbike, there are plenty to choose from and after a lot of research and several test rides I have chosen one which hopefully will serve me for sometime. I wanted a machine that could tour, was fairly light and manageable, had good fuel economy, was comfortable and fun. One choice was to stick with the Honda brand and go for the NC750X but at the end of the day I have switched camps and will be picking up a Yamaha MT09 Tracer next Tuesday and can't wait.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: Decision Time

Post by horobags »

well I think you should have put the fun aspect at the begining of the list Rodger ;) a mighty fine motorcycle, bet you cant wait.
By the way the sh300 is better than the GTS. popcorn.gif
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

road runner
Benefactor

Post by road runner »

horobags wrote:well I think you should have put the fun aspect at the begining of the list Rodger ;) a mighty fine motorcycle, bet you cant wait.
By the way the sh300 is better than the GTS. popcorn.gif
Cheers Mark, It certainly will be a different machine. Never had a triple before but the test ride did it for me. As for the SH300 being better than the GTS I cannot comment as I have only had the SH and I want to try something different whilst I still can!
Was planning to come up to the Raven this weekend but need to sort out others things now but hopefully I will get to see you and other northern muppets before the bad weather sets in. Have you still got the MSX?

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

yes, and Ive done a couple of mods to it, Its the most fun Ive ever had on two wheels Rodger, Im really loving it. 8-)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

The MT09 is one heck of a bike, totally different to the NC. icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

Normsthename
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield Classic 350

Post by Normsthename »

Nice! :)
I owned an Yamaha MT-09 and the triple engine is a beauty!
My MT-09 averaged 52mpg while I had it with a best of 55mpg
Only reason I got rid was because I wanted something with better wind protection.
The Tracer is on my potential future bike list :)

Andy
2024 Royal Enfield Classic 350
1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing
2016 Microcar MGO3 - 4 wheeled Scooter with a roof :D

road runner
Benefactor

Post by road runner »

Normsthename wrote:Nice! :)
I owned an Yamaha MT-09 and the triple engine is a beauty!
My MT-09 averaged 52mpg while I had it with a best of 55mpg
Only reason I got rid was because I wanted something with better wind protection.
The Tracer is on my potential future bike list :)

Andy
Andy, Wind protection on the Tracer with the standard screen is still a problem for my height. I will probably take a leaf out of your book with the mod you carried out on the Integra. Givi do a large touring screen which I might invest in, cut down and fit the top part from an airflow screen, as there is not much out there at the moment in the way of 'suitable' screens to suit varying situations. You never know, fingers crossed Givi might bring an airflow out for the Tracer, seeing as apparently, it's a good seller.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Still think you should of kept the Forza and NC. The Forza is finally off for a new tyre after 1000 miles (think I made the most of that tyre - but as winter is coming I thought I'd get it done now. Heated grips to be fitted this weekend at Lings to0 whist it has its recall done.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

pikey

Post by pikey »

Vespa is a way of life. ;) ;) ;)

road runner
Benefactor

Post by road runner »

[quote="mottza"]Still think you should of kept the Forza and NC. The Forza is finally off for a new tyre after 1000 miles (think I made the most of that tyre - but as winter is coming I thought I'd get it done now. Heated grips to be fitted this weekend at Lings to0 whist it has its recall done.[/quote

Both the Honda's were great machines Chris, just fancied another motorcycle before I get too old!
So, how many miles did you eventually manage to get out of the rear tyre then? With regard to the heated grips are they Honda's own or something like Oxford grips, as I know the Honda ones are good but pricey! On another matter, what was the name of the company where you purchased the Givi box for the Forza from as I will be looking for additional luggage for my new bike and I recall you mentioning that it was keenly priced!