Triumph Street Twin

Chat about any motorbike here.
gn2

Re: Triumph Street Twin

Post by gn2 »

MrGrumpy wrote:it was proudly pointed out that the new Bonnevilles were so retro they even had a fake carburettor! Am I alone in thinking that's ludicrous??
Not a new thing, the throttle bodies on Bonnevilles and Thruxtons have been shaped like carburettors since the switch to fuel injection.
Far from ludicrous, it is a very good idea because the look is all important for this type of bike.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Price set at £1300 more than an NC750S, so a wee bit on the pricy side methinks.
On the plus side, 10,000 mile service intervals, I believe that's a first.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/firs ... reet-twin/

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

I don't think £7.3k is pricey at all.
This is a brand new model and we don't know the price of 2016 NC750s yet. It also has traction control and a electric socket (I believe). The electric socket may be a minor point I know, but Honda has choosen not to fit one as standard on the NC series while knowing full well riders are wanting such things as standard fitment. If you looked the Triumph at the bike show they have quality written all over them whereas the NC has a bit of a cheap and cheerful look about it. I'm not impressed with Honda's modern switch gear housings which on many Hondas the seams don't appear to fit flush and one join appears higher then the other. I would definitely pay £7.3k for this machine which will probably hold its price far better than the NC
SEAT MO

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Sounds lovely with the Vance & Hinds pipe on! -
Dezzie

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

Err..well I've gone and ordered a new T120 Bonneville for delivery in May. Even 'her in doors' doesn't mind....... :o
SEAT MO

gn2

Post by gn2 »

wozza wrote:we don't know the price of 2016 NC750s yet
£6149 manual
£6649 DCT

An increase of £150 over the better looking and all stainless exhaust piped 2015 model.

Is the Triumph worth the extra £1150...?
Mibbes aye, mibbes naw.

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

wozza wrote:Err..well I've gone and ordered a new T120 Bonneville for delivery in May. Even 'her in doors' doesn't mind....... :o
Congratulations on your purchase Wozza. I bet that you are counting down the months which I am sure will go very quickly. It will also give you the chance to sort out your accessories to give it that personal touch!
Enjoy when the time comes around.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

gn2 wrote:
wozza wrote:we don't know the price of 2016 NC750s yet
£6149 manual
£6649 DCT

An increase of £150 over the better looking and all stainless exhaust piped 2015 model.

Is the Triumph worth the extra £1150...?
Mibbes aye, mibbes naw.
Well ultimately you buy what you fancy.

In a sense you are right, but there is more to look at.
For most peeps the purchase of a machine is more of an emotional thing rather than just plain commute machine. So I'm not in your position in that whatever I buy is just a toy. So your main considerations for a machins are different from mine.
The Triumph Street Twin has had fantastic reviews and I'm sure it will have better residuals. Don't forget I've already owned an NC750S, but between the 2 machines my preference would be for the Street Twin.
SEAT MO

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

road runner wrote:
wozza wrote:Err..well I've gone and ordered a new T120 Bonneville for delivery in May. Even 'her in doors' doesn't mind....... :o
Congratulations on your purchase Wozza. I bet that you are counting down the months which I am sure will go very quickly. It will also give you the chance to sort out your accessories to give it that personal touch!
Enjoy when the time comes around.
Cheers, it was a decision long in the making, but when SWMBO even likes the look of it, I know I'm onto a winner....:D
SEAT MO

gn2

Post by gn2 »

I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy your new Bonnie. :)

The Triumphs look fantastic, ever since the alloy wheeled Bonneville 900 with the unkinked exhausts came on the market I've really fancied having one.
IMO all it needed was ABS rather than a total redesign.
However, the Street Twin looks to be an improvement in many aspects but the 270 crank kinda puts me off.
I will definitely be test riding one at some point though.