Africa Twin DCT test ride

Chat about any motorbike here.
rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Africa Twin DCT test ride

Post by rtfm »

So, I went to get two new tyres fitted to the Integra today and what do they have sitting outside the dealers? Why a shiny new red and white Africa twin dct.

I asked the dealer if it was a demo or a customer's bike and he said "it's a demo" waved the keys at me and said "off you go!" Wahey!

So after a quick overview of the controls, I was on and very clumsily under way doing laps of Hastings.

The first thing I noticed was just comfortable it is, more so than the Integra/NC700. The seat was in the lower position which was fine for me even though I'm 6'2.

The handlebars seem bloomin wide and high but are at a very comfortable position too. The screen is great, and the legs are somewhat protected by the bikes shape. Only the feet are out in the elements.

It feels really solid and planted and the engine is great. It must weigh more than the Integra but I didn't notice the weight at any point, even when waddling backwards on a hill parking at at the dealer. The engine is Grunty with a good roar when you open it up and loads of power (way more than I'm used to on the Integra & enough to kick the traction control in on d mode - oops). It's very controllable at lower speeds too - riding at walking pace is easy and filtering would be fine once you got used to the power delivery.

The dash is nice and clear with the usual trip bollox, outside temp gauge and an average mpg (44.8 on the demo with 160 odd miles on it).

The only things I didn't like were the rear brake on the right foot, instead of the handle bars and tubed tyres. I could get used to the foot brake, it just feels unnatural. I'd have to have tubeless tyres though as there's no way for me to plug a puncture with inner tubes.

Would I buy one? Maybe when it's time to get rid of Integra. I really didn't think I'd like it as much as I did but it's just got a great feel about it (and looks bloomin nice too).

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Re: Africa Twin DCT test ride

Post by kayz1 »

I am waiting for the rush at my dealers to die down, then i will have a play if my feet will touch the floor that is..

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Should have gone to the Elton John boot sale Lyn! :kiss: icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

May come to that if i like the bike....only live once i am told so make hay and all that. :lol: