Motorcycle Safety

Chat about any motorbike here.
docscooter2010
Current Ride: Honda Forza 125

Re: Motorcycle Safety

Post by docscooter2010 »

Jaz I can see your point . But all bikers have got to do a basic C.B.T . This may be " basic " but you have got to give riders a chance to make mistakes , I have made plenty over the years thankfully not involving anyone else
just making myself look stupid . We are all on the same team after all .

Deleted User 5375

Post by Deleted User 5375 »

To my mind the biggest improvement to safety would be through self-education ...for example reading every single page of the police roadcraft manual and thinking about it and how it can be put into practice. It really is up to the individual.

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Trouble is I know several AIM riders who think they are safe as they have read the book/passed the coarse but who are still dangerous riders. They still fall into the trap of reactive rather than proactive riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted User 5375

Post by Deleted User 5375 »

Yup, you can lead a horse to water and all that. I'm not sure you can teach a lot of the stuff you need to stay safe, only suggest ways that people might figure it out for themselves. Some people do seem more accident prone than others and I think that some of that is down to attitude / state of mind / spatial awareness etc etc.