Pampering a classic.

Chat about any motorbike here.
2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Re: Pampering a classic.

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Lots of good advice and ideas on 'ere! :)
I've also thought about a leader. My brother had one, a good bike.
In preference to an Enfield I'd likely go for something like a 500 AJS or Matchless, which I think are better bikes. Sadly many classic prices are just beyond my reach- Gold Star, Bonnie, etc. Even old sidecar haulers like the Panther, Square four etc.are going for stupid money. I might look for a half decent A10 or A65 which I can fettle or for old memories sake a decent Tiger Cub.
I once pushed one 12 miles home from work (my fault not the bikes) during which time we obviously bonded. :lol:

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

i picked up the xj600 1997 43500 miles, on saturday from leigh on sea £700 full stamped dealer service history to 42,000 miles, serviced every 4000 miles, totally original with original exhausts, was a peach of a ride back a nice 70 easily tootling on m25 great fun, yamaha changed the scec on these in 1996 with a six speed box. really enjoyed me sen
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

nice one Michael, dont forget some pics.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

michaelphillips
Benefactor

just for you lad :)

just awaiting my castrol oil and filter, and satnav holder/charging cable and a QBag Motorbike Motorcycle Touring Luggage Waterproof Roll Bag only £10 delivered http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152542466835? ... EBIDX%3AIT
to bungie strap on the rear while trying to find a used rack (near impossible at mo) to finish off for the summer ohh and bought a slightly taller screen for my trips to yorkshire as doing quite a few only £20 and has more of a flick on the top lip
:kiss:

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

that is immaculate!! I always likes the Diversion, a great all rounder. icon_thumbs_up.gif
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

That's in lovely condition for three times the price. And over 40k. It must have been well looked after.

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Ah the Divi! The Astra Diesel of the bike world. That is a particularly nice one of the breed though. icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

michaelphillips
Benefactor

true Vozza but i walk like an old diesel car never mind get me leg over, he he just fun on two wheels and cheap i hope.. to look after... for £700 squid its a hoot, and me insurance was £100 less than me scoot, and who is going to nick a 20 year old bike, well i suppose someone will. as long as i dont tootle at 4000 rpm i will be fine,and wont get the shakes.. good job 70 is 4400 rpm

stevew
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 400i

Post by stevew »

roadster wrote:
stevew wrote:http://theblackdouglas.com/model/the-pitch-black/

Vintage-ish but shouldn't be too unreliable.
I have no idea how that could be registered for use on the road as a new vehicle.
Saw one on the road today. Had a chat with the owner.
Comes with a certificate of conformity (EU requirement) and all the necessary documentation to satisfy the DVLA. Guy said it was straight forward.
Orpington, UK
2014-Honda Wave 110i
2013-Sym Maxsym 400i

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

stevew wrote:
roadster wrote:
stevew wrote:http://theblackdouglas.com/model/the-pitch-black/

Vintage-ish but shouldn't be too unreliable.
I have no idea how that could be registered for use on the road as a new vehicle.
Saw one on the road today. Had a chat with the owner.
Comes with a certificate of conformity (EU requirement) and all the necessary documentation to satisfy the DVLA. Guy said it was straight forward.
That would be an Italian certificate of conformity! Drum brakes are unlikely to be compatible with ABS requirements and I doubt whether sticking a catalytic converter in that silencer is likely to satisfy future regulations unless fuel injection is adopted. Many of the outwardly attractive cheap machines currently on dealers forecourts are probably the last of the line because of tightening regulations so if you want one now is the time to look for a bargain. Unfortunately leaving the EU is unlikely to result in more sympathetic treatment of two wheelers which are traditionally unloved and unappreciated by the UK's own bureaucrats.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...