Retro scramblers

Chat about any motorbike here.
bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Retro scramblers

Post by bikerdezzie »

Anyone seen or rode the plethora of new retro bikes with tweeks to make them off roadie, cafe racer, bobber styles etc from the likes of Herald, Mutt, Sinnis and others, they bring them over from china then do their own versions with better oil, batteries, tyres, suspension and other mods to bring up the quality levels, i fancy a 250/400 version but also considering a suzuki gn250 or similar and doing my own down the line if i sell the msx, interested on opinions more so from folk who have seen them in the flesh. The Mutts and Heralds looks really nice especially the custom options.
Dezzie

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Re: Retro scramblers

Post by 2wheelover51 »

I had a look at the SWM bikes a few months ago. 250 and 400 singles, well made with retro "street scrambler" looks and style.
They look like nice well made bikes, and lighter than either of mine, which is looking increasingly attactive. Maybe something for the future. I also like the Sinnis 250 Retrostar which one of my local dealer sells.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-top ... r-%C2%A32k
I am liking the SkyTeam Ace 125... 250 would be better - 400 better still!

Now... Could of got one of these and put the Suzi Freewind 650 single from the CCM R30 Supermoto in it!
'prolly would of wobbled a bit!

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

The ones from Mutt motorcycles are lush, check their website out!
Dezzie

BenR
Current Ride: Aprilia Atlantic sprint 500

Post by BenR »

The mutts are pretty cool, a bit expensive for an aircooled 2v though.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

The midual looks great as well but is pricey in comparison to the Chinese branded items

Bobs

Post by Bobs »

Depends where you are in the country, local to me there is Andy Sills Motorcycles in Purbrook nr Portsmouth. They are a Mash Dealer, plus theres always a couple of other brands kicking around, all Chinese copies but some of them look awesome. The Mash TT40 is a very good looking motorcycle, mechanically its a clone of the Honda XBR500 I think, designed in France, made in China. The Mash line up has the whole check list of current fashion off shoots, so theres something for everyone.

Andy and his Dad are top guys too, proper old school bikers.

Even though they are 'cheap' they are hard to justify, the TT40 is just under £5k which is dangerously close to a Suzuki SV650 which is a better bike in almost every way. Or if the styling is that important, 5k buys a lot of old Triumph on fleabay.