Custom cruisers.

Chat about any motorbike here.
horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: Custom cruisers.

Post by horobags »

dont forget to post some pics.
Customs are a handfull compared to a xj6/cbf and will never handle as sharp, big, bulky and beauty is all part of the cruiser package.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

This ones pretty mint, in pearlescent white, one careful owner etc. I've been watching it for a whle.
The custom cruiser will have to wait a while longer I guess. :?
Will post some pics next week.

2wheelover51

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Collected my Diversion this morning. After being ripped off to the tune of £75 by Bennetts, just to transfer the cover over to it from the CBF (it used to be £30) citing having to tell the DVLA about the change so we don't get stopped by the police, and some long story about underwriters I told them I thought it was a rip-off.
Anyway: The new Divvy is lovely to ride, only 2,300 miles, and like new. It's very light feeling and although it's a bit more forward leaning than the CBF it goes round corners like it's on rails, lovely smooth engine, quite revvy.(retuned R6 motor with a redline at 12k) Good mirrors, and reasonable seat. I think for a commuter type of bike it's very sporty feeling, not a plodder and definitely not a custom cruiser.. :?
My first job will be to Waxoyl, oil and ACF50 all exposed bits. I'm going to have to get a hugger and fender extender and new Givi bars for my topbox, once the bank accounts recovered. After the lube job I'm going to have to get rid of the huge chicken strips left by the previous owner. :D

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

very nice.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

2wheelover51

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Thanks, yes it is. I looked all over it for rusty fasteners and... there arent any! In fact it got me thinking. It's only done 2300 miles in four years, with zero corrosion. In fact it looks so good it looks like it never left the showroom, but I didn't think to ask about it's history, it just looks like new with little evidence of being ridden. In fact make that NO evidence.. :shock:
Shame that's all about to change. It's going to have to learn to live under a cover out in the cold.. :lol:

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Very nice bikes they are to::

***citing having to tell the DVLA about the change so we don't get stopped by the police***

What a load of bollocks they have told you.
They have to by law update the MID:::; Motor Insurance Data base and it takes 30 secs to do.
Pat and the lad have a garage and i have to do it when they get another vehicle ( commercial insurance )
But a broker or insurance company have to do it and there should be no extra charge..log on input vehicle reg
owner details and tick the box ( insured ) tick box with vehicle make,Twats:
Lyn.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

Yep that's right lynn . The MID are hot on sending out letters ready to fine you as well if a vehicle is shown as uninsured . The wife got one yesterday for our old car that was Px back at the end of March ,the dealer did not do the correct paper work to take it out of our name hence it flagged up . It costs nothing to use there services and is closely connected to DVLA .

2wheelover51

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Well havent' had much chance to ride either of my bikes. Sunday went out for a ride on my pushbike, regular ride of about 8 miles then went for a walk, halfway around had to sit on a bench with pains in stomach and left side back. managed to get back in agony, daughter got me to hospital in a taxi. Turns out I have a largish (5mm) kidney stone which doesn't want to come out. Went in and they couldn't get it out and had to put a stent in, they'll have to try in 3 weeks to remove the stent and crush or laser the stone so it'll come out once the stent is removed. Drs' said to stay off motorbikes or scooters but said bicycle is ok which just doesn't make sense. Can only assume it's medical professions dislike of anything called a motorcycle... :)

syntec4

Post by syntec4 »

Ducati have just released spy pics of there new Panigale bagger. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: brilliant