Yamaha Dealer Closures

Chat about any motorbike here.
Whatsisname

Yamaha Dealer Closures

Post#1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:53 am

Probably more bike-related. Yamaha are cutting their dealerships nationally. Keys in Worthing are the latest victims, allegedly because they didn't owe Yamaha money! He advises go online for a better deal.

http://www.motofire.com/2017/09/news/eu ... g-closure/
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

barker
Benefactor

Re: Yamaha Dealer Closures

Post#2 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:52 pm

that's not good news as I was going to buy a scooter from them

Z750Jay

Post#3 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:34 am

I think nationally there is a lack of dealers for most bikes these days. Some cities will have a few, most none. I have to go 25-30 miles to get to my nearest which means I normally service the bike myself as they are a pain to get to via public transport. Nearest Suzuki to me is about 30 miles away and about 3 1/2 + hours via bus/train/bus. Slightly closer is a Crescent that used be a Suzuki but changed to another and the Suzuki got moved to the Crescent at Ringwood, another 20 miles further.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mister Paul

Post#4 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:05 am

The plus is that there are dealers who will deliver nationally for free. For excellent, trustworthy service, Hunts of Manchester can't be beaten. They valued my PX from pictures, collected it when they delivered my new SH (to North Somerset), and beat the best price I'd been offered.

For pile them high, ship them cheap, Dobles.

Whatsisname

Post#5 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:16 am

Z750Jay wrote:I think nationally there is a lack of dealers for most bikes these days. Some cities will have a few, most none. I have to go 25-30 miles to get to my nearest which means I normally service the bike myself as they are a pain to get to via public transport. Nearest Suzuki to me is about 30 miles away and about 3 1/2 + hours via bus/train/bus. Slightly closer is a Crescent that used be a Suzuki but changed to another and the Suzuki got moved to the Crescent at Ringwood, another 20 miles further.

Ironically, the ex-Suzuki Crescent in Bournemuth is now Yamaha!
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

Z750Jay

Post#6 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:03 pm

Lol

Ralph

Post#7 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:57 pm

When I had the Burgman they closed my local'ish dealer
and sent me a letter giving me the address of the nearest
open ones and a voucher for £20 or £30 to spend on anything Suzzy.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Burgman 400 L0 fitted with Laminar Lip, top box, n Doc Pulley Sliders. Now Sold

Burgman1958

Post#8 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:25 pm

I think it's because bike and scooter sales in this country are so low, especially in comparison to other countries, that it is simply impractical to have so many dealers. That's my theory anyway.

kishan

Post#9 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:59 am

i think it depends .

like harrow had a Yamaha dealer and it got shut down purely because harrow is not a biking town and demand for a bike is low in harrow compared to in Brent and other busier towns.
PIAGGIOOWNERSCLUB.FREEFORUMS.ORG - THE HOME FOR GILERA , APRILIA , PIAGGIO AND VESPA OWNERS.

Return to “Motorbike Chat”