I took my SH off-road today!

Chat about any motorbike here.
Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

I took my SH off-road today!

Post by Steve_D »

Yep, proper off-road. :D I run a City & Guilds motor mechanics training centre. There’s another training company local to me that run a similar scheme for motorbikes. I let them do it through my C&G accreditation. They have a track as well and I had to pop down the other day to take some paperwork down to them. Anyway, I thought I’d join in the fun. It wasn’t easy and I bottomed out a few times going too slow over some steep mounds - the first scooter with top box that had been round the track. No pictures and I didn’t do any of the obstacles that required a wheel coming off the ground but it was still great fun! :lol:

This is the track.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Re: I took my SH off-road today!

Post by Ralph »

For anyone in the NW that fancys a challenge a ride over the Coal rd between
Dent and Garsdale stations is worth a go, I did it a few years back on a Burger 400
It's tarmac Jim but now as we know it.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Ive wondered about the sh 300's green lane ability, Ive done loads of off road with the c-90 club, the cub legshields are tough and flexable, and can take a surprising amount of abuse. The later honda plastics are very britle and I recon an 'off ' on the 300 might cause some damage.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Thought I recognised that place you used to (maybe still can) drive passed it to a floating restaurant turn right onto wasteland and sit under the flight path for London City airport.

Friday was a good day as the flights were regular business returns.

Plane watching & a meal

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

Yep, that’s the one. City airport planes go directly over it.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

horobags wrote:Ive wondered about the sh 300's green lane ability, Ive done loads of off road with the c-90 club, the cub legshields are tough and flexable, and can take a surprising amount of abuse. The later honda plastics are very britle and I recon an 'off ' on the 300 might cause some damage.
Wading depth isn't bad with the 17" wheels as Gascoigne Road used to flood in heavy rain and it was the quickest route onto the A13.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Post by rayb »

My Innova was pretty good off-road but the new SH300? If I see a blob of horse poo on the road, I find another route :)

newscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Grinnall BMW trike

Post by newscooter »

I managed a few hundred metres of potato field on my SilverWing as the French farmers had decided to requisition the rural road for their crop. It wasn't fun and I would never do it intentionally!