I’m thinking of buying a Honda C59/70/90/Cub/Super Cub

Chat about any motorbike here.
Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Re: I’m thinking of buying a Honda C59/70/90/Cub/Super Cub

Post by Greyerbeard »

Wot they all said. Mine's 29 years old now, still used regularly including on VMCC events.
Like riding a trampoline, dreadful gearchange, zero performance, totally endearing...
And no, I wouldn't leave it parked out of sight these days.
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

hmmmm, lots of negative comments. ' like being in running in mode',' zero performance', its a 90cc for fuck sake, if you want performance buy a fireblade.
Honda have sold millions of cubs, the best selling 2 wheel vehicle on the planet, and all we get on here is negative bollox!!!!!!!!
Some ttimes I wonder why I bother !!!!!!!!!!
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

horobags
Benefactor

Post by horobags »

and Meldrew
' work hack CUM winter bike', your the first one to pick people up on their english lit, are you slipping!

horobags
Benefactor

Post by horobags »

you can buy a SYM Symba for 1500 quid but you cant get parts for them in the UK, so I hope they are reliable.
Honda cub,,' the world has moved on,,,' http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/rang ... -2018.html
the new super cub is due in the UK this summer.

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

horobags wrote:hmmmm, lots of negative comments. ' like being in running in mode',' zero performance', its a 90cc for fuck sake, if you want performance buy a fireblade
Yeah, I always thought that something with a two digit engine size that could propel a 15st bloke (me!) along at 50mph wasn't too shabby TBH. I had occasion to ride a SH50 recently, now that's slow! The Cub's bouncy ride is easily sorted - I bought a pair of CG125 shocks (£50). Much better and the nice chrome springs go with the classic look of the bike too.

It's hardly surprising Honda are re-launching it - the design is a true classic (as opposed to a lot of British junk that assumes classic status simply because it's old) - it offers so much from what, on paper, is so little. But given the crazy prices they go for now - especially the round headlight models the OP prefers - I can't see me buying another. The Innova is great, it's simply the Cub with the benefit of progress - disc brake, 4 speed box, few more ccs, tele forks - and the early carbed ones are getting cheap now. I had one for a while and it was a really pleasing little machine to ride.

There are various places importing the Chinese Cub copies, but these are of variable quality to say the least, and have stuff like a unique front brake which means no interchangeability with Honda parts. The only 'bricks and mortar' place I knew of that did them stopped selling them a couple of years ago, and got rid of their spares just as fast, which tells you something. You could also look at the Sym Symba, but that's not a copy, so good luck finding spares for it! Finally, the Daelim Citi Ace looks a lot like a 12V Cub and still sells for peanuts, but these are a clever buy because Daelim used to build Cubs under licence for their home market, and they're decently made. They weren't modified from the original design either, so 12V Cub bits will fit. Some of the odd ones that turn up actually have Honda engines!

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

horobags wrote:hmmmm, lots of negative comments. ' like being in running in mode',' zero performance', its a 90cc for fuck sake, if you want performance buy a fireblade.
Honda have sold millions of cubs, the best selling 2 wheel vehicle on the planet, and all we get on here is negative bollox!!!!!!!!
Some ttimes I wonder why I bother !!!!!!!!!!
Did you not notice the 'totally endearing' then...? :)
I'd hardly have kept it so long if I thought it was negative bollox! :lol:
100,000,000 last year, and still counting...
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

New super cub been released in Thailand today!
Dezzie

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Dezzie

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Come on Yamaha, do an updated Townmate, bigger tank, shaft drive.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

don't think they will Dave, the Townie was never a big seller was it! good little machine thou..