NC750s or x vs Keeping my TMax 500

Chat about any motorbike here.
Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Re: NC750s or x vs Keeping my TMax 500

Post by Funkycowie »

Well, that was interesting...

It certainly has more torque than the TMax which made it mildly addictive. This is slightly worrying because it means I could get myself in trouble quicker and with my track record that's not a good thing!

However on the flip side I could ride it precisely how I ride my TMax, aside from the back brake which I found mildly awkward, and not have to worry. Where the TMax CVT feels like it needs to be in a hurry all the time and keep up to my chosen speed the DCT just says 'Ok why not' and happily cruises at that speed.

The DCT is a revelation, although I found the clonking clutch change a little disconcerting, I could now ride a 'proper' bike and not have to worry about gears.

I sat on the X and both feet planted flat and a slight bend to the knees, the S when I sat on it of course was lower.

The handle bar position on the X seemed a little too far forward compared to my TMax which shares a very similar position to the S. I settled into it when riding the X fairly quickly though and could relax.

I think I really need to test a S DCT before I could choose between X or S.

But the big question is do I keep my TMax or get rid in favor of an NC?
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

Try the Africa Twin Funky, you know you want to..... :twisted:

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

NC x DCT if your feet were planted. ;) They are fun to ride once you get your head round the DCT and keep it in S mode 2. 8-)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

I did have it up to S2 at one point... it was rather fun compare to the TMax.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

I would imagine the bars are adjustable, abld to roll them back a little, a lot more than on most scooters...
Possibly even change them for with or rise...

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

I do have a question... having not ever ridden a proper bike with foot pegs... what part of your feet is supposed to rest on them? The ball? If so I guess with my right foot I need to move it forwards when using the rear brake then move it back to the peg, its the only thing I could think of?
ImageImageImageImage

horobags
Benefactor

Post by horobags »

Funkycowie wrote:I do have a question... having not ever ridden a proper bike with foot pegs... what part of your feet is supposed to rest on them? The ball? If so I guess with my right foot I need to move it forwards when using the rear brake then move it back to the peg, its the only thing I could think of?
number 1, stop saying a proper bike!!! :lol: :lol:
number 2, park your foot on the peg in the arch of your foot.

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

:lol: that was said sarcastically in my head, I just forgot the quote marks!

Any way... if I had my foot on the peg with the arch then my toe was depressing the brake so I felt like I was riding it, surely that's not right?
ImageImageImageImage

horobags
Benefactor

Post by horobags »

Thats how it is Funky, you see youv'e been spoilt on the t-max, :P You will get used to it, I always angle my toes away from the foot brake,( to the right) then cover the brake when coming past any hazzards.

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

If it became a Problem Funky ie; operating the brake light all the time, you could get a pair of adjustable foot pegs. They come in several flavors
straight movement up and down, or even made on a concentric so they move up,down for and aft..At a price..some come with an offset built into
the mounting.
Lyn.
Enjoy