What do I need to do if my NC750X has to stay off road short term?

Chat about any motorbike here.
SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Re: What do I need to do if my NC750X has to stay off road short term?

Post by SH125Paul »

Sell the T-Max... That makes sense...
Sell the NC if ya not gonna be using it, that also makes sense...
Money is Money - Head! - Obvious thing is to sell both and buy what you want when the time is right - but that's another 'head' thing.
If the NC is your new pride and joy, will help in your well being, state of mind, willingness to get well - something to focus on, a light at the end of the tunnel - may be worth more than (a bit more) cash in the scheme of things... Heart...
The 'Heart' things can be more important depending on ones mind set.
If the extra cash is gonna sit in the bank - why not have a motorcycle to look at? - whats gonna be the real world cash difference in a year...
Practicality sell em, buy again... its not as if its a classic, one-of-a-kind, as you say get a later model when time is right...

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

Whilst my heart and soul want to keep it, I can't imagine not riding for a year and it took a lot to get the NC, practicality means I will try and sell it and the TMax and get another NC next year.

I hate it but its the better choice... if of course I can't sell then i'd have to keep her (Highly unlikely)
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

I just went through the rather emotional process of notifying the DVLA that I had a seizure and am fully expecting the response from them to be I cannot ride for 1 year, if I don't have another seizure. :cry:

I am gonna be full of jealousy for the next year whenever I see a rider on the roads
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

I am sure you realize that we are all rooting for you Peter, just remember even in this shitty time...your glass is half full mate.
Best wishes Lyn.

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

I understand that, and I am not the sort of person to get depressed, I always start looking for positives when there's a hiccup, 1 year is not really overly long, I have other hobbies to keep me occupied, 3D modelling and printing, learning mandarin, getting back into work, reading, listening to music, playing video games, etc.
ImageImageImageImage

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

Funkycowie wrote:I understand that, and I am not the sort of person to get depressed, I always start looking for positives when there's a hiccup, 1 year is not really overly long, I have other hobbies to keep me occupied, 3D modelling and printing, learning mandarin, getting back into work, reading, listening to music, playing video games, etc.

***mandarin*** Best of luck with that one.. I have a Lady friend ( honest ) life long pal....who works for the WHO and has lived all over the world
She can get by at Exec level at WHO meetings around the world in most any language, but she said Mandarin she could not get the hang of.. ;)

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

PS: don't forget the 3D printing...i have a few things i want doing when you get the hang of it... :lol:
I am sure you could make a few bob at it to..
Lyn.

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

kayz1 wrote:I am sure you realize that we are all rooting for you Peter, just remember even in this shitty time...your glass is half full mate.
Best wishes Lyn.
+1 hang in there, get yerself better and a year will fly by :)

Funkycowie
Admin

Post by Funkycowie »

Because the 3D printing is a more recent thing I feel like I had to learn from scratch again, there is a lot of 'muscle memory' to a lot of things, like I just knew how to take the battery out of the TMax MK3 to charge it today and how much of a pain in the arse it is, compared to the NC which is two screws, take 1 cover off, undo a rubber strap, undo two bolts for the power leads and out she comes. That's all in the manual so easy to pick up. But the 3D printer is complicated to a degree and I was still learning the basics so I couldn't really form any 'muscle memory' as to how to how to use it despite having printed a couple of things. Making is fine because I have been modelling 3D objects for years.

I know several words in mandarin already and can form some simple sentences because my wife is from Taiwan and speaks mandarin. I have a few 'learning mandrin' lessons I can do that will help along side the wife teaching me the more advanced stuff so it should be ok.
ImageImageImageImage

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

My friend said it was trying to make the sounds them selves that was the hard part, but she could manage so many other Asian languages.
Very odd..
Will you be using Fusion360? i think i have the free Hobby version on the computer, i just have not taken the plunge yet as i seem to have too many expensive hobbies!! :lol:
Lyn.