Track Days

Chat about any motorbike here.
Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Re: Track Days

Post by Ferret »

Get it on track it will do it more good than not using it .

Dogsbody
Current Ride: Burgman 400 Honda C125 400-4

Post by Dogsbody »

Bern, It looks like a mint 748 Bip with little use and getting rarer all the time. Preparing it for a track day will take a good servicing, fresh brake and clutch fluid, and how old are the tyres? Personally, if it was an investment then keep it as such, or use it and enjoy it but suffer some wear and tear and reduction in value. Dogsbody

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

I went to a track day last Thursday, each person paid £150 for the day, I watched from the garages in pit lane, but it rained for 3 hours, an announcement of impending end to the day was made, could the riders please take extra care, we now have no spare medical resources and any more accidents will end the session. My friend uses the same type of Ducati, his one is hand painted black, and of course has work done to get through scrutineer-ing.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Personally I think they're meant to be ridden. Although I could sit and look at that one for a long time.... :)
Where I live all my favourite roads have recently been ruined by some b-----d with a paint can painting out the old national limits and reducing them to 40 or 50mph, there aren't many now where I can give it a bit of stick. I was thinking of taking my viffer for a track day, but the distance I'd need to ride to get there, the high cost and the chance that weather could spoil play (as per above) all put me off. :(