Re launch now Warrington to Hull The Long way round(coast) 125 or less scooters below grand in value 2016

pikey

Re: Pikey McGregor 2015 Long Way Round

Post by pikey »

Ive sent Jaz an email with link to thread .

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

pikey wrote:Ive sent Jaz an email with link to thread .

good man :kiss:

pikey

Post by pikey »

3 or 4 would be ideal as out in wilds of Scotland its either camping hiker huts or Youth hostel for cheap accom a lot do quad rooms

TJSCOOT

Post by TJSCOOT »

Looks like a graet adventure Julian :) I know you won't underestimate the miles/time......

Fishtown Phil
Benefactor
Current Ride: Xevo 125 Suzuki gs250t

Post by Fishtown Phil »

pikey wrote:
Fishtown Phil wrote:If you stay on the A78 from Ayr, and follow the coast through Largs, Wemyss Bay and onto Greenock , it's a much nicer ride than blagging your way through a large slice of Glasgow as you can do a short stint on the A8 to Bishopton, then pick up the old ferry road to Erskine bridge. I did this route on the way back from Inverness to Dumfries on LeJog run.

Its not final route just dragged across on google will be some ferries involved as well on west coast .Possibly day trip to Northern Ireland as well
Wemyss Bay to the Isle of Bute is worthwhile, they do a mean 'Smokie' , and you can catch the ferry off the back of Bute onto the A886, which takes you to Dunan Castle. A visit to Skye, across the Skye bridge is well worth doing, I've driven across in a car, but never ridden across.

pikey

Post by pikey »

Did 3 ferry hop in 2010 down Kintyre to Tarbet across from there ride around then ferry to Bute then ferry to Weymiss bay .Also did Skye bridge rode across Skye then ferry to Mallaig to Fort William

Fishtown Phil
Benefactor
Current Ride: Xevo 125 Suzuki gs250t

Post by Fishtown Phil »

Are you looking at doing similar daily miles as LeJog? I've just had a look at the hiker huts, they look pretty good, and cheap too.

pikey

Post by pikey »

Slightly less on Scotland sections

eric1789uk
Current Ride: an 400 L1

Post by eric1789uk »

Looks interesting that pikey. If you call at ingoldmells market you can get your cheap smuggled fags, dodgy vehicle number plates, fake perfume and vodka made from cleaning alcohol. Will make the journey worthwhile.......
only kidding, should be a great ride and maybe I could buy you a pot o tea somewhere as you cross the humber bridge
My other bikes have pedals
I've been ugly bunched

pikey

Post by pikey »

Ill take you up on that lol