08/11/14 - Hartside ride out

SOLO
Current Ride: Piaggio X8 125

08/11/14 - Hartside ride out

Post by SOLO »

Hello people.

For any one who hasn't put there bike away for winter ( unlike most my friends :lol: ) i am doing a last ride out for the year, cold making my metal in my leg hurt while working outside i decided to do one last ride out with friends and others and then using bike for local trips only, so feel free to join should be good fun.

Date : 8th November 2014
Time: 10:00 meet
Meet place : Squires cafe bar ( just because its a big place to gather loads of people :lol: )

Covering 110 miles heading up to the Hartside cafe this is my Facebook event, in public mode so anyone can view it " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

all are welcome!

From SOLO
Solo West Yorkshire Leeds! Wacht out for killer taxi drivers!

eric1789uk
Current Ride: an 400 L1

Re: 8th November Hartside ride out

Post by eric1789uk »

It may be that I visit squires that day for a quick chat and see you off on your epic, dont really fancy another 100 or so miles on top of a return trip of 60 or so there, if thats o.k.?
Been ages since I visited squires, last time I was there I was served my tea in a mug with a big crack and chip in it, when I complained I was told thats how it is, drink or leave it, quite a few years ago that was though.
My other bikes have pedals
I've been ugly bunched

JohnR93
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NT700 Deauville

Re: 8th November Hartside ride out

Post by JohnR93 »

If, when asked politely for a clean uncracked/chipped mug, you are refused as in Eric's post, I would have promptly dropped the mug on the floor (ensuring it smashed so it is not used again) and exclaiming loudly 'Whoops, clumsy me!'. Then walk out, never to return.
Service like that is not acceptable from any establishment.

If it is still like that (it may have improved?) a quick heads up to;
FSA headquarters (England)
tel: 020 7276 8448 (out of hours: 0345 051 8486)
email: foodincidents@foodstandards.gsi.gov.uk
...may encourage the offending Cafe to improve their act.
Regards,
(100% Ugly Bunch Member)

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Re: 08/11/14 - Hartside ride out

Post by Gerard C »

Well I use Squires as a local destination for a short ride or simply a meeting point and I have never been served Tea in a unacceptable Mug. I have had the most appalling Burger ever served to Man. I learned from the experience to have a Cuppa and go elsewhere for food.

On busy times the place is absolutely buzzing with two wheels of all types. I find it an interesting place at those times. I have chatted to Trad scooter riders and to Goldwingers and most between the two.

Squires also hosts several charity ride outs which I take part in if I can. Some have been amazing.

But as often said - each to their own.

frankiej1949
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by frankiej1949 »

I did notice the lady riders do not talk to you which is surprising :o

SOLO
Current Ride: Piaggio X8 125

Post by SOLO »

eric1789uk your more then welcome to pop along for a chat, don't buy any food from squires its CRAP and don't buy a coffee unless you just want it for purely warming up lol.

Treat squires as a purely a meeting point to gather for this ride.

Who is coming on the ride ?
Solo West Yorkshire Leeds! Wacht out for killer taxi drivers!

eric1789uk
Current Ride: an 400 L1

Post by eric1789uk »

Might pack me flask.
My other bikes have pedals
I've been ugly bunched

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

A few up North were complaining about no meets.

This is their big chance :D

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Gerard C wrote:Well I use Squires as a local destination for a short ride or simply a meeting point and I have never been served Tea in a unacceptable Mug.
Me neither. Never tried the burger but the pasties aren't bad. The C90ists use it as a convenient meeting place for a chat and a brew, naturally we would have given Betty's a go but parking a dozen or so Super Cubs on the pedestrian walkway outside didn't really look like much of an option. I don't own a push iron (and have no desire to) so I tend to avoid York like the plague.

Brubaker
Current Ride: 2012 Honda FJS 600 Silverwing

Post by Brubaker »

Each to their own mate, this Bettys thing we do is simply the opposite of hanging round the usual biker spots and we're allowed out everyday not just at weekends. We don't use the two Bettys in York or the one in the centre of Harrogate, it's usually Northallerton or Ilkley as they fit in with our rides, and if it's a short ride we'll stop off at Harlow Carr on the outskirts of Harrogate.

I haven't been up to Hartside since I bought a scooter, and the last time rode home via Alston, Middleton in Teesdale, Barnard Castle, and Darlington. The days are getting a bit short to appreciate doing that route in November.