mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

14/12/14 -Ace Cafe Xmas Toy Run

Post by mottza »

Anyone up for this?

Xmas Toy Run

Ace Cafe Xmas Toy Run

The cafe's annual Christmas Toy Run into central London departs at 11am on Sunday 14th December to attend the children's wards of three hospitals:

St Mary's (Paddington) 11.45am - 12.15pm
Royal Brompton (Chelsea) 1pm - 1.30pm
Evelina Children's Hospital (Westminster) 2pm - 2.30pm

As always, any surplus gifts will be distributed to various children's homes and groups.

Please bring gifts that are wrapped and labelled Boy/Girl/Age Group

Because of allergies hospitals advise against stuffed toys and sweets - the nursing staff however may appreciate some sweeties!

On returning to the cafe, there will be prizes for the "Best Dressed Bike" and the "Best Dressed Rider" - and a hot cuppa!

NB: After 15 years of "heading up" the toy run, Ron Miles will be retiring. He said "I started this run back in 1998, and have attended the event every year. It has been wonderful to see the smiles of the kids who are in hospital, and also to see the smiles of the riders who take part - it's a very emotional experience, and I would like us to make this year a big one!"
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Re: 14/12/14 -Ace Cafe Xmas Toy Run

Post by mottza »

No takers then. I must admit I'm not going either now as out for a few beers with friends in the big smoke the night before.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

PJT
Current Ride: 2014 Suzuki Burgman 650 Execut

Post by PJT »

We will be raising money elsewhere for our local children's unit.
I rather be out riding.

Fishtown Phil
Benefactor
Current Ride: Xevo 125 Suzuki gs250t

Post by Fishtown Phil »

Just done the BMAD (Bikers make a difference ) santa run in Torbay and a toy run in Cornwall, both well attended by local riders, but more importantly, excitedly received by some very deserving kids ...... oh and nurses!

alp231
Benefactor
Current Ride: X max 300

Post by alp231 »

Fishtown Phil wrote: ;) ...... oh and nurses!

terryvanman
Benefactor

Post by terryvanman »

mottza wrote:Anyone up for this?

Xmas Toy Run

Ace Cafe Xmas Toy Run

The cafe's annual Christmas Toy Run into central London departs at 11am on Sunday 14th December to attend the children's wards of three hospitals:

St Mary's (Paddington) 11.45am - 12.15pm
Royal Brompton (Chelsea) 1pm - 1.30pm
Evelina Children's Hospital (Westminster) 2pm - 2.30pm

As always, any surplus gifts will be distributed to various children's homes and groups.

Please bring gifts that are wrapped and labelled Boy/Girl/Age Group

Because of allergies hospitals advise against stuffed toys and sweets - the nursing staff however may appreciate some sweeties!

On returning to the cafe, there will be prizes for the "Best Dressed Bike" and the "Best Dressed Rider" - and a hot cuppa!

NB: After 15 years of "heading up" the toy run, Ron Miles will be retiring. He said "I started this run back in 1998, and have attended the event every year. It has been wonderful to see the smiles of the kids who are in hospital, and also to see the smiles of the riders who take part - it's a very emotional experience, and I would like us to make this year a big one!"

Royal Brompton Chelsea.....had my Quadruple Bypass surgery done there. makes me shiver every time I go past there. might pop along for a look-see.
Dear God,
Please send clothes for all those poor ladies
in Daddy's computer. Amen