Isle of Man Scooter Rally

Spoogle
Current Ride: X-Max 400 ABS

Isle of Man Scooter Rally

Post by Spoogle »

Hey folks :)

I was wondering if folks are aware of the Isle of Man Scooter Rally 22-24th June 2018. I great time to visit, meet some good people and ride around the TT course etc.... (I have posted the flyer to our Facebook page).

https://www.facebook.com/Isle-of-Man-Sc ... 192915537/

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Re: Isle of Man Scooter Rally

Post by The Bern »

Think that's more for 'trad' scooters than maxi's bud, for those without Farcebook access .....

Have wheels, will travel :D

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Yes definitely aimed at "trad" scooters. I have attended a couple of rallies and one ride out with these "trad" scooters and not found them very friendly towards automatic scooters or the rider. 40 + years attending race meetings and rallies in the UK and abroad on different makes of motorbikes and always had a warm welcome from everyone. So ,so glad I found the enlightened attitude of fellow Maxi Muppets.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Spoogle

Post by Spoogle »

It's a real shame you have come across unfriendly folks in the scootering community. Unfortunately there are some like that. However, I can only say that I have been on a few ride-outs with some of the guys on the Isle of Man and, apart from 1 maybe 2, I have found them to be decent and welcoming people.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Spoogle wrote:Hey folks :)I was wondering if folks are aware of the Isle of Man Scooter Rally 22-24th June 2018. I great time to visit, meet some good people and ride around the TT course etc.... (I have posted the flyer to our Facebook page).
https://www.facebook.com/Isle-of-Man-Sc ... 192915537/
Never been to the Isle of Man though would love to visit - I’ve emailed the steampacket company re availability - trad scooterists don’t really concern me though I do have a parka and open faced helmet - you going yourself ?

Spoogle

Post by Spoogle »

Good to hear you are considering coming to the island. I live here these days so will be going yes. Hopefully you will be able to make it over here.

Even if folks don't like the idea it is still a great place to visit, especially during the TT fortnight end of May into early June when there is a huge influx of bikers from all over the World creating an amazing atmosphere.

Spoogle

Post by Spoogle »

Oh I forgot to mention, Julian on our Facebook page asked about campsites on the island..

The best of them is Glen Wyllin. Lovely location and good facilities..

http://www.glenwyllincampsite.co.uk/

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Spoogle wrote:Oh I forgot to mention, Julian on our Facebook page asked about campsites on the island..The best of them is Glen Wyllin. Lovely location and good facilities..
http://www.glenwyllincampsite.co.uk/
Yes however it’s more economical to camp at Blackberry Lane campsite - the total payable for two nights including ferry and the scooter is £117.00

Spoogle

Post by Spoogle »

Symcity wrote:Yes however it’s more economical to camp at Blackberry Lane campsite - the total payable for two nights including ferry and the scooter is £117.00
Ah now that is cheap indeed! Just down the road from me too :)