Nice putting faces to names.

rayb
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300

Nice putting faces to names.

Post by rayb »

A lovely ride out with The Bern and Snail and Mrs Snail. Great weather, great scenery and great company.

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Re: Nice putting faces to names.

Post by Snail »

Likewise Ray, we went for a walk in Broadway got myself a nice game pie from the butcher, came back through Winchcome, Cheltenham, back home around 17.00 good day out

Luckydave
Current Ride: Burgman 650 and others

Post by Luckydave »

Lovely place Broadway,wife and I going to visit soon when we stay near Winchcombe (in our caravan)Question I’d like to ask is can we catch a steam train from Winchcombe to Broadway now?

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Post by Snail »

Luckydave wrote:Lovely place Broadway,wife and I going to visit soon when we stay near Winchcombe (in our caravan)Question I’d like to ask is can we catch a steam train from Winchcombe to Broadway now?
Hi, Broadway station is now open, there is a station at Winchcome, Google GWSR railway for more info, the Broadway station is directly opposite the caravan club camp site, it's about 10 to 15 mins walk to Broadway, there is a camping and caravan club site at Winchcome, we have stayed at both prefer Broadway, the line runs past the site

The Bern
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by The Bern »

I iz bak ome :D
Have wheels, will travel :D

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

The Bern wrote:I iz bak ome :D
That was quite a trek for you, all thinks considered. Thanks for lunch and riding shotgun. It was rather reassuring having a socking great maxi in my mirror. :)

My treat next time, maybe at The Bog.

The Bern
Benefactor

Post by The Bern »

Luckydave wrote:Lovely place Broadway,wife and I going to visit soon when we stay near Winchcombe (in our caravan)Question I’d like to ask is can we catch a steam train from Winchcombe to Broadway now?
You need to be there May 19 & 20 for the 'steam & ale' weekend bud (https://www.gwsr.com/Spring_Steam_and_R ... t--53.html) get an all day rover ticket ( https://gwsr.vticket.co.uk/event.php?xS ... 1dff44193d ) 20 different real ales at Wincombe then catch the train to Toddington for 10 more different ones Hic Birp, timetable here ... https://www.gwsr.com/planning_your_visi ... ables.html

The Bern
Benefactor

Post by The Bern »

rayb wrote:
The Bern wrote:I iz bak ome :D
That was quite a trek for you, all thinks considered. Thanks for lunch and riding shotgun. It was rather reassuring having a socking great maxi in my mirror. :)

My treat next time, maybe at The Bog.
Was a nice ride out bud, thanks for the company & local knowledge guy's n' gal, was most impressed the way the SH's got up Fish Hill 8-)
Found the stone circle, then the pub, another pub, the model village & remembered the wellington museum in Moreton in Marsh (only open Sundays)
Will check milage in the morning, was best part of a tidy few

Luckydave
Current Ride: Burgman 650 and others

Post by Luckydave »

Stayed at Winchcombe C&CC site many times and know area well having lived not too far away few years ago.Thanks for info

rayb
Benefactor

Post by rayb »

was most impressed the way the SH's got up Fish Hill

You should of seen it going down :)