Norfolk bimble Sunday 12/08/2018 - chat

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Re: Norfolk bimble Sunday 12/08/2018 - chat

Post by Jimo »

Scootepuff, bern, I hope to be at the Green Man around 9am with mrs. Jimo provided its not pouring rain, will be coming on the Foresight as Helix has got the vibes again after fitting new rear tire.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Post by halfabusa »

I'm sorry guys but i'm going to pull out from tomorrow. I had a very busy day and feeling too tired to make the 2.5 hour journey to make it to the meeting point, let alone the rideout.

Plus the impending rain is not exciting either with the prospect of arriving there soaking wet :(
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Sorry lads I'm out. Woke at 6 this morning to light drizzle but by 7 it was raining. Still raining at 7:30 which is my latest departure time to arrive in time for the ride out. So looking forward to this one as several new to me members were attending. Jimo I've still got a MM sticker for you and hopefully will be able to pass it on when we eventually meet.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Have a good ride, don't wait for me, I'm in sunny Kent.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Cheers folks,
Heard nothing from Jimo (arriving at 9am) so we are off to morrisons nearby for fry up

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Sorry Guys not able to be with you, what I want and what my body permits are sometimes out of alignment, my legs have been my weak point for over a year now and restrict me to the very shortest of walks or lengthy standing..... yesterday I worked (sitting at my m/c lift for several hours) refitting the rear wheel to the Helix after a new tire had been fitted, with this done I had to juggle bikes around putting Foresight on the lift in place of the Helix ready for today's jollie, then took the Helix out for a test run which sadly revealed a return of the vibes in a bad way making it unusable, then having to return it to the garage re-juggling the lift process making the Foresight available took me all of two hours and shattered me to pieces where I couldn't stand on my feet any more. This morning, still worn out from yesterday's labours the weather's change to wet & rain sealed my fate! Sorry Guy's - really sorry, I had looked forward to this bimble from the day it was suggested, please forgive.

Once again I have the vibe problem to sort - but not today because I'm still bodily shattered. If the weather improoves later I might pop up to the Green Man in the car around 3pm where I could at least share a drink with you stallwarts staying over.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

It's a right shame it didn't turn out as expected.

But we can do this another time. Bern and Scootypuff were just scouting.

Hope you had a good day today and safe trip back.

Who else was hardened enough to go out today?
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

what a truly awesome day.

Roger joined us this morning so after a huge fat boys fry up at Morrison's Bern used his local knowlwdge to lead on and basically we did the entire coast down to Cromer stopping at all the points of interest.

Cockles tasted great in Cromer and it's carnival week so busy.

Then headed back to the Green Man where Roger departed to be be met by Jimo & his wife Catherine.

They are returning just after 7 to join us for roast diner and a pint (or more if ladt night was anything to go by,not forgetting the whiskey chasers)

We were our for about 4 hours today and the only rain was a shower for about 20 minutes whilst sat drinking coffee in Wells next Sea.

Lots of phone pics by me and new places discovered.

Thanks to Bern for leading & Roger for travelling up and getting us back. Look forward to a pint shortly with Mr n Mrs Jimo.

PS Berns off delivering the biggest motor and torque wrench I've ever seen to his mate as he left the Silverwing left a rut off the rear wheel :o

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Glad it all turned out ok. Sounds like it could turn into an annual event.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

road runner
Benefactor
Current Ride: MaxSYM 600i + Vespa GTS

Post by road runner »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:43 pm what a truly awesome day.

Roger joined us this morning so after a huge fat boys fry up at Morrison's Bern used his local knowlwdge to lead on and basically we did the entire coast down to Cromer stopping at all the points of interest.

Cockles tasted great in Cromer and it's carnival week so busy.

Then headed back to the Green Man where Roger departed to be be met by Jimo & his wife Catherine.

They are returning just after 7 to join us for roast diner and a pint (or more if ladt night was anything to go by,not forgetting the whiskey chasers)

We were our for about 4 hours today and the only rain was a shower for about 20 minutes whilst sat drinking coffee in Wells next Sea.

Lots of phone pics by me and new places discovered.

Thanks to Bern for leading & Roger for travelling up and getting us back. Look forward to a pint shortly with Mr n Mrs Jimo.

PS Berns off delivering the biggest motor and torque wrench I've ever seen to his mate as he left the Silverwing left a rut off the rear wheel :o
+1 Really enjoyed today, good company and a great ride out through some of North Norfolk's finest scenery. Despite weather forecast, they thankfully got it wrong, apart form a minor shower, it stayed dry for the duration. I clocked a total of 270 miles with the MightySYM averaged 72mpg. Thanks to Harvey and Bern for arranging.
Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but today is a gift!