High Beech Sunday 24/02/19

Bern

Re: High Beech Sunday 24/02/19

Post by Bern »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:17 am
halfabusa wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:30 am Some of you might recall seeing the dude by the side of the road on our way into the hut, shooting pics of bikers passing by. The photos he shot are online now.
Sorry but still see it as intrusive and morally wrong
I would agree with that bud icon_thumbs_up.gif
halfabusa wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:30 am It's a bit expensive but then again, I don't have the luxury of having a cameraman by the side of the road on my trips so I think it's worth it.
Simple, get one of the group to ride ahead & take pic's of the rest of the group, it's easy to arrainge & costs bugger all, different rider takes pic's on other ride-outs, everyone gets their picture, everyone gets to hone their camera skills, everyones a winner :D

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

mottza wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:23 am I can see what you are saying. But for me I like the photo's being captured.
We are the most surveillanced country in the world, there are speed cameras everywhere and country lanes are the only place you can actually use your ability to enjoy the road (providing there isn't a police helicopter overhead sans A414) so you enjoy yourself (& i don't mean excessive speeds, illegal overtakes etc ) get it wrong and he cashes in on your misfortune and I've no doubt his morals wouldn't trouble him in the slightest cashing in.

It's bad enough every twat has a mobile phone in your face to share with the public courtroom of social media.

As a dinosaur I just long for simpler times

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Re getting a group... We can do that if people are up for it on the next ride.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Meldrew wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:06 am
Scootypuff snr wrote: It's bad enough every twat has a mobile phone
Some twat with a mobile phone could possibly save your life by phoning an ambulance in the event of you crashing while out enjoying yourself.
bed.gif

Read the thread, its about cameras but hey why miss an opportunity for a dig as always.

You dont change.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

mottza wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:24 am Re getting a group... We can do that if people are up for it on the next ride.
Chris

We used to do this a lot on the VV ride outs and got some great shots over the years.

It's a long time since I held a camera professionally but can always borrow the wife's Canon

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:47 pm
philboulter wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:16 pm
RAM Xgrip that I am now trying to find on the web as it fits onto the rear brake reservoir
I'll have a look in the ice cream tub of Ram mounts kicking about from when I owned a fleet of bikes might be lucky
Phil all I have left over in brake reservoir mounts is
RAM-B-347U which is only a small square foot plate and likely wrong size for your burger but measure it up by all means
The rest are all bar clamps

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Harvey. I have a decent slr
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Meldrew wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:59 pm I've no intention of getting into a slagging match either, so wind your neck in.
icon_th_rofl.gif

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

philboulter wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:16 pm Scootypuff snr said -
Phil
Sorry we didn't chat, which burger was yours?

Does the Italian mind :lol:

PS
just looked realised the one with the white can in front

Phil.....the other 650 Burger was Dave(mille Mile on here i think)https://buybits.com/motorcycle-accessor ... nts/satnav this place has all sorts of bits for mounts etc etc,based in Alyesbury we have been there a couple of times,they take phone calls as well,the guy is helpful,the female staff less helpful,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

millie-mail
Current Ride: Royal Enfield Classic 500

Post by millie-mail »

Thanks Steve and hello Phil, it was nice to meet you and thanks for the brew. Yes, I have the other white Burger that was next to yours.
It was good to meet a few more muppets and nice to see Mottza and Mottza Snr. again. The weather played a blinder and this could be a regular-ish
meet for the summer as it attracts from quite a distance(seemingly). Hope to see some of you at the x9 bash and various meets this year.
Cheers
Dave.