Burgman 650 Service Schedule

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Re: Burgman 650 Service Schedule

Post by Dave Weller »

Very well put, that's why my Burgman 650, lives a life away from the dealers emporium. I read the workshop manual and visit LeDude's site before doing any work.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

tha-mask
Current Ride: Honda DN-01

Post by tha-mask »

God bless Le Dude :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Gilera 125VX, Piaggio X9 250SL, Burgman 400 K2, BMW C1 200, T-Max MK1, Gilera Nexus 500 MK1, Aprilia Mana 850, Burgman 650 Exec K8, Honda DN-01

spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Post by spaceprobe »

Interestingly I got my Maxsym from a Suzuki dealer, so whilst I was there I looked at a Burgman 400 and also mentioned that I was tempted to go the whole hog and go for the 650. The salesman pointed out that the 650 was a nice bike but that the service costs where high. Having said that I used to take my kawasaki VN900 to a Kawasaki dealer and the service costs where higher than an independent charges to service my Audi A4 2.5 tdi. I shall be doing most of the Max services myself, with the Max hardly any panels have to be removed.
Maximum respect

sitrap

Post by sitrap »

First (600m) service 3 weeks ago, Suzuki dealer, £100, Doncaster, great service. Seems a lot cheaper than figures quoted on here. Not expecting as cheap as that next time. With my previous bike, the B400, I took out a Suzuki Service Payment plan, never again ! Easier and more flexible just to put the money aside each month. Their quote system is one way of estimating the cost of servicing you need to budget for, just put in your mileage per year, and how long you intend to keep it, then squirrel that much away each month.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

sitrap wrote:First (600m) service 3 weeks ago, Suzuki dealer, £100, Doncaster, great service. Seems a lot cheaper than figures quoted on here. Not expecting as cheap as that next time. With my previous bike, the B400, I took out a Suzuki Service Payment plan, never again ! Easier and more flexible just to put the money aside each month. Their quote system is one way of estimating the cost of servicing you need to budget for, just put in your mileage per year, and how long you intend to keep it, then squirrel that much away each month.
At £170 for a Suzuki B400 belt, and the cost of new rollers, I need to start squirreling away some money. Something you don't have to include on the B650.
Come on Suzuki, you are ripping us off with that 'consumable' spare price cost.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Dave Weller wrote:
sitrap wrote:First (600m) service 3 weeks ago, Suzuki dealer, £100, Doncaster, great service. Seems a lot cheaper than figures quoted on here. Not expecting as cheap as that next time. With my previous bike, the B400, I took out a Suzuki Service Payment plan, never again ! Easier and more flexible just to put the money aside each month. Their quote system is one way of estimating the cost of servicing you need to budget for, just put in your mileage per year, and how long you intend to keep it, then squirrel that much away each month.
At £170 for a Suzuki B400 belt, and the cost of new rollers, I need to start squirreling away some money. Something you don't have to include on the B650.
Come on Suzuki, you are ripping us off with that 'consumable' spare price cost.
Sure some Muppets have bought in original belts from Italy (EBay), not sure who makes the OEM (Gates, Dayco, Mitsobushi) but others should advise. I think we all agree to avoid any performance versions (Athena, Malossi, Polini)

This Gates one is about £50 delivered - AN400 belt

or there's a complete service pack for around £117 - AN400 Service Pack
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)