Was there a JPS

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
TonyC
Current Ride: Burgman 250

Was there a JPS

Post by TonyC »

I've got a 1998 Burgman 250cc and its says JPS limited edition, has someone just put stickers on or was there ever such a model?

A photo before I bought it, it's looking a lot better now :D

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Re: Was there a JPS

Post by VOZZA »

JPS was popular in the 70's, so can't help in your case but it looks nice! icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I am sure someone has just put the stickers on
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

It's not a Suzuki special.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

TonyC

Post by TonyC »

I was wondering if a shop had done it or a previous owner. I know some bike shops spray bikes race colours say there limited edition and charge a premium.
Mind you I've googled it and didn't come up with anything, not even a sticker kit.

TonyC

Post by TonyC »

Cheers Meldrew , I'm in the process of stripping the more obvious rusty parts and repainting them ie. stands etc. Exhaust I'm unsure if I should try to do something with original exhaust or go with an aftermarket one. The cost I'm not so fussy about its going to be more a labour of love probably because of the age of the thing.

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Meldrew wrote:the cast wheels look to be in very good condition considering that design corroded badly on a lot of less well cared for examples and made wheel removal difficult.
They can look lovely and shiny and still be rusted onto the splines. I speak from bitter experience.

eric1789uk
Current Ride: an 400 L1

Post by eric1789uk »

Watch out for the petrol tanks, the bottom front is in such aposition that it catches all the shite off the front wheel. I had one of the early 250's and the tank rusted through. New tank cost over 100 quid an that was 10 yrs ago. Hell of a job to change too. I put a bit of old cushionfloor over thehole in bottom to protect it
Also I fitted a malossi variator to give it a bit more oomph, went as good as a 400 up, to about 50. I've had 3 400's now, latest is a 2011 version. I'M smitten
My other bikes have pedals
I've been ugly bunched

TonyC

Post by TonyC »

Cheers for that will get the hole filled up.

There funny things don't know why they always put a bigger grin on my face than my bikes.