Givi D266STG screen

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
PhilD
Current Ride: 2020 Burgman 400Z

Givi D266STG screen

Post by PhilD »

OK .... I'm gonna brace myself for the comments ....

Just bought a Givi WS-D266STG screen and fittings for my 400, and the screen has a black rubber edge. Is this a design modification from Givi, or protective edging for transport? (All the pics show a plain edge with no edging strip).
It is sealed in a bubble wrap bag with Givi tape, so has come from the manufacturer like it. (Supplier was in Germany).

I haven't taken it out of the bag to have a real close look cos' I'm not fitting it until the weekend, and knowing my luck I'll scratch it if I do.

Any comments welcome .... :-)

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Re: Givi D266STG screen

Post by kayz1 »

a lot of screens used to have an edge on them, my old Yamaha Majesty had one.

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

So did my ST1100 pan european

alancrab
Current Ride: early 400

Post by alancrab »

I've got something similar and if your short like me on misty/foggy mornings I'm nearly stood up trying to see over it.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

PhilD
Current Ride: 2020 Burgman 400Z

Post by PhilD »

I fitted the screen after a lot of faffing about with the rubber grommet thingy's that go through the screen. The holes where the stabiliser plates fit behind the screen have spacers .... that makes sense ... but the two at the front didn't have spacers, so needed the captive grommets pulling through the screen. Took me B***** ages! You can't pull them out and fit to the screen off the bike cos' the nut won't go through the body, and if you push them in they disappear inside the bike. Good job I had a mini spring hook!
Screen looks good on the bike with the black edge .... quite retro .... But I had to take my grip guards off because they foul the screen and I couldn't lock the steering.
So my ZA is rapidly becoming a standard model.
Will post a pic when it stops raining long enough .... :-) Edit: Done!

http://s1378.photobucket.com/user/PhilD ... sort=3&o=0