NEC Feedback.

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
macamxthe1st
Current Ride: 2019 Burgman 400

NEC Feedback.

Post by macamxthe1st »

Unfortunately I have been unable to get to the NEC this year. Has anyone on here been and if so did you note any changes to the 2016 Burgman 400 or indeed gleen any info from the Suzuki staff with regard to future development.

Geoff.

victor
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman Exec 650 K9

Re: NEC Feedback.

Post by victor »

Contact syntec Lee if you look at his 264 pics in meets and rideouts plus somebody on that thread is going on the 1st tomorrow

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

mac, I went yesterday. It was great. Now about the Burgman 400...very interesting, because they did not have a Burgman 400 anywhere to be seen on the stand! Just the new 650, and the new 125. I asked and the staff said there was no new 2016 model Burgman coming (oh yeah...), and they did not have the current one on display. Reading between the lines I reckon they are clearing the decks for a spring launch of the new version of the 400. That's just a guess, but they never usually admit what's really going on until the last minute. They need to clear the older models out of the shops first.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

Well done Data, for asking. I went today and completely forgot to ask. I did sit on the 650 Burgman and what a fantastic piece of kit it is.
I also had a sit on the new 2016 BMW Scoots and the plastics are much improved. The GT is super comfy.
SEAT MO

macamxthe1st
Current Ride: 2019 Burgman 400

Post by macamxthe1st »

Thanks Data. I find the lack of an example of a growth area of motorcycling on their stand highly significant. A fiend in the trade has told me that 2017 will be a very important year for Suzuki so given the age of the current model and the very minor things that most would like to see done do it I could see the commercial reasoning in releasing a facelift/update in early 2016. Looks like I will be V-Stroming a little while longer.

Geoff.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

I was also there yesterday, a missed opportunity to meet for the first time Meldrew.
I was with someone else that had not been for 6 years, so spent the day wandering around looking at stuff for him.
There are some simple retro 250's being introduced at the show, which is nice to see, as most of the big Four ranges go from 125 to 600 with not much in that bracket.
Many people only want a 'ride to work' bike or something light and easy to service themselves IMHO.
I did have to wait to get into the bike park when the BMW adventure rider could not start his bike after getting his wrist band, a couple of riders went over to help, others were shouting put your prop stand up. :lol: :oops: :lol: :D
Needless to say my Deauville did what it should do, without any problems, a good alrounder sadly no longer imported by Honda UK.
Who decides at Honda UK, what we can or cannot have, why are they needed, the dealers should be able to buy direct from Honda. Rant Over
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Dave Weller wrote:the dealers should be able to buy direct from Honda.
I agree, its not like Honda UK even stock parts to support the model range, any time the dealer has had to order parts for my Forza they come from mainland Europe.

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

gn2 wrote:
Dave Weller wrote:the dealers should be able to buy direct from Honda.
I agree, its not like Honda UK even stock parts to support the model range, any time the dealer has had to order parts for my Forza they come from mainland Europe.
Yes that's if the part is available. When my Honda NC750S DCT was knocked over in June last year by a car while parked up. Honda were unable to supply me a set of handlebars until the end of August. Honda were/are pathetic. The rubbish they spewed forth in their emails stating it wasn't a main order item etc. My reply email stating the first thing that happens when a bike gets knocked over, or dropped is usually bent handlebars wasn't ever replied to.
SEAT MO

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Surely easier to fit aftermarket ones?

wozza
Benefactor

Post by wozza »

gn2 wrote:Surely easier to fit aftermarket ones?
Lancaster Honda wouldn't do it as the bike was only a couple of months old and the costs ofthe repair was being paid for by insurance (claim against the car driver).
SEAT MO