air lock

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Rob

air lock

Post by Rob »

Help. I have a 2000 Burgman AN400Y. I changed the coolant, and now have an airlock. How do I get rid of it? I have a Haynes manual and it talks about a bleed screw, but I can't see / find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Re: air lock

Post by Steve_D »

This might help. It may be for a later model but bleeding procedure may be the same. Section 2-15

http://www.airgad.gr/Suzuki-Burgman-AN4 ... al-Eng.pdf
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

litl666
Benefactor
Current Ride: nil

Post by litl666 »

The haynes manual does mention removing various panels. I think looking at the pics the bleed screw is near the air filter box?

Rob

Post by Rob »

Just an update. My temperature gauge now moves, which prior to the coolant change it barely moved. Unfortunately my issue is now when in very slow or stationary traffic the gauge rises after a few minutes and the cooling fan has been known to cut in. Is this normal? Running around town, long runs etc temp is fine, just when the engine has warmed up. Your thoughts please.

Steve_D
Benefactor

Post by Steve_D »

Completely normal. That's what the fan is for.

Honda SH300i

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

On all the Burgmans I ridden the coolant temp gauge does not move upwards by any significant amount in traffic. In fact on my 2012 model it doesn't move by any visible amount even just before the fan comes on. I suspect you may still have a little air in the system. Did you manage to locate the bleed screw ok and did much air come out?
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

I ran a tube attached to the bleed nipple back up to the. Coolant bottle and just warmed the scoot up found this the easiest way to bleed
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm glad to say I have located the bleed screw. Unfortunately temp gauge still rises. I've had the panels off so many times they probably know their own way off. Looks like I'm going to have let some look at it who knows what they are doing. Thanks for all your help and advice.

Steve_D
Benefactor

Post by Steve_D »

Is it actually overheating by which I mean us the water boiling and coming out of the overflow or is it just getting hotter in slow or zero moving traffic causing the fan to come on? If it's the latter, that's perfectly normal.

Honda SH300i

Rob

Post by Rob »

In my last attempt I just left it ticking over on the driveway - the temperature gauge just slowly rose until the fan cut in, the the gauge would fall a little then rise back up, fan cut in, etc. Time wise, probably 10 minutes.