windscreen help

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Red Dog
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400z

Re: windscreen help

Post by Red Dog »

michaelphillips wrote:dont take this the wrong way but the givi airlow dont look great on a burg with the screen at the angle back to the rider . take a look at next to last photo here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-AN400- ... Sw8RJXBYHW
i am looking to get the mra vario off a bike specific screen which was added, then take off thevario off the bought screen, as these tend to go cheaper, as these are movable up down and in/out vario`s you can suit your needs better, well this is my reasoning :)
like this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152075819982? ... EBIDX%3AIT
Sorry if I'm being a bit slow, but are you saying I should buy a vario screen from a different bike and then use the vario bit on my own screen?

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

hi red dog, yep the vario comes as a screen lip fitment or drill thru screen versions, you can get the latter which folk have fitted to the original screens then take off and use the vario part on your screen, they tend to go for £25 plus this way rather than paying £79 for a new vario

they tend to go cheaper as the guy selling the screen is bike specific, but you only want the vario part so to speak. the one above i posted i am watching, best to ask the seller to measure the fitting in between the vario mounts so you know it wont be too wide for the top of your screen :)
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Red Dog

Post by Red Dog »

That's a great idea.
If I went that way I would need to cut my screen dowm and then mount the vario.

michaelphillips
Benefactor

true, unless you had still the original screen

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

I have a Givi AF266 fitted in place of the original, it's really great having the adjustable Airflow bit, it really allows one to set the screen height just where it's wanted. You're right with the price - about £150 but it's the Best Buy I've made yet; you're welcome to ride down to my area to see it and sit on the bike, just pm me. Hope this helps.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Red Dog

Post by Red Dog »

This really is a great site. Thanks to everyone for their help and advice.
Jimbo. Thanks for your kind offer, I really appreciate it. If I can organise something around work, weather, family and your availability I would love to pop in and see you. You would be the first Burman owner I've met other than online.
I'll PM you when it looks good from my end and see how you're fixed.

michaelphillips
Benefactor

If u still after a givi airfow theres one on ebay new still at a tenner with two days 2 go and just 2 bids

SOOTYGULL
Current Ride: Honda Forza 125

Post by SOOTYGULL »

I bought one and was very impressed with it BUT even at its lowest position I could not see over it, which was big issue in the rain.

I got a perspex manufacturer near me to cut the fixed part down and that did the trick !

In the summer I could take the bit that raises up off and have plenty of cool air in my face BUT equally in the winter with the rising bit fitted, I could tailor it just how I wanted.

If there was a drawback, I would say that it vibrated a bit but other than that a good buy !
Still Scooterin'

Red Dog

Post by Red Dog »

michaelphillips wrote:If u still after a givi airfow theres one on ebay new still at a tenner with two days 2 go and just 2 bids

Had a look on ebay but I can't see it.

I am usless at finding things though, just ask my Mrs.

Red Dog

Post by Red Dog »