First ride on my new Burg 650

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Re: First ride on my new Burg 650

Post by Z750Jay »

Lol, loving the big Burg! Now gained a name 'Bad Torro' - it's big, wide, does not like to turn sharply when at speed and is proving difficult to keep to the running in limits. I kept finding myself saying bad burg bad burg as I am going along. Then I remembered the Bad Torro range of stuff from Barcelona and voila the burg has a name.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

The 650 is a true 'Galaxy Class' cruiser capable of going interstellar at break neck speeds (once run in!). On the works bikes I carried everything you can think of for huge mileages into to France to our office out there. Glad you are having fun. Just watch 're-entry' into normal space as you come up to roundabouts and hazards so much quicker than you realise...it's not just an ordinary maxi scooter!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

Had to run to Southampton and back today on the Burg. I will be so so so so so happy once the running in is done. Had a major head wind so struggled with only 4000 revs to play with. Crawled along at 65 but got 68 with the screen in its lowest position and the mirrors folded in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Z750Jay wrote:Had to run to Southampton and back today on the Burg. I will be so so so so so happy once the running in is done. Had a major head wind so struggled with only 4000 revs to play with. Crawled along at 65 but got 68 with the screen in its lowest position and the mirrors folded in

You should of finished the running-in process by now,so how are you getting on with the Burgman now,just got a lift back from Wheels motorcycles on the back of my mates 650 Burgman,the pulling power with two grown up gezzers on was great,specially as i was one of them and i am no skinny git :D

I can see why mates partner prefers being a pillion on his Burgman rather than the African Twin,very comfortable for me on the back,done the A605 loads of times on my bikes and in my works truck,but being a passenger allows you more time to take in the views and enjoy.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

Just done the 1st service so I can now ride with a bit more elan!
Still loving the bike, kind of getting used to small wheels ( the front tying to tuck under etc) but now I can finally use all the revs I can really get some miles in and become one with Bad Torro. Hopefully after riding through the winter months I will be able to hunt down the weekend warriors come next years "bike season"

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

If you ride through the winter like wot i does :D keep an eye on the side stand switch as they get bunged up with crud and it will not change gear for you..

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

Thanks for the heads up, I have had issues on previous bikes with the side stand cut out so tend to keep on top of them so should be ok.

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Z750Jay wrote:Thanks for the heads up, I have had issues on previous bikes with the side stand cut out so tend to keep on top of them so should be ok.

Have you fitted a top box to your new Burgman?

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

Next pay day.

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Z750Jay wrote:Next pay day.

I have brought one for my new Burgman,i got the big givi one 55 litre and the sr3104 rack with monokey fixing plate,the ebay advert said that is all i need to fix the rack and box is in the bundle deal........well the fixing of the rack left me scratching my head somewhat,it dont fit and after doing some home work with good old google i believe a extra bit is needed,its a Givi
SR3104 KIT,it is a little plastic bit that fits over where the back rest has been removed,it will need to be drilled,i shall be having words with the ebay shop i purchased it from,as i took the trouble to email themto confirm my make,model and year of bike,as far as i can make out none of the plastic one has remove to install the rack is reused again,just needs to be wrapped up and kept safe.
]Image
As you can see,if you use the stock plastic parts,there is no way the fixing plate is going to attach,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright