New Burgman

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: New Burgman

Post by Stephen »

Burgman has had its first service £110.00,so i can ride a little bit more freely now,was still reasonabley gentle on the way back,about 5k rpm,come Dave's kent ride next week,it'll be proper motorway speeds :D I ordered a fenda extenda in the week,that was waiting for me when i got home,so hopefully i'll get it fitted Sunday.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Mine did not fit properly so not put it on. I try, to ride in a gentle sedate fashion but just had to pass the 600 sports bike the other day which had the rider in a full racing tuck - doing about 80. Gave him a wave as I went past, then noticed that I had stopped going any faster and had run out of gears. Darn this thing is fun in manual but boy does it eat fuel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Z750Jay wrote:Mine did not fit properly so not put it on. I try, to ride in a gentle sedate fashion but just had to pass the 600 sports bike the other day which had the rider in a full racing tuck - doing about 80. Gave him a wave as I went past, then noticed that I had stopped going any faster and had run out of gears. Darn this thing is fun in manual but boy does it eat fuel

Yes....once you start to cane it,the mpg is frightening,mind you the 2013-on model is far better than the older one......

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

On the Vstrom with race cans on it was awful. Ride it like I was trying to qualify for MotoGP and I would see 23mpg or less. Mind you, that did regularly see 140 mph + :) Used to scare the hell out of the power ranger brigade on that

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Don't forget that the big Burger in manual mode makes the sixth gear into an overdrive gear so you can go a little faster cos the revs are lower in manual six...If you find your self on a German autobahn with no restriction put it in top O/D gun it till the rev limiter kicks in, then back off a touch,
the revs will drop to what the motor is doing, you keep on doing it until you can not get the revs to drop. I will leave it to you to find the true top speed..use a GPS and it will surprise you how fast they can go....BUT, it will be doing mid to top twenty's on fuel and it also gets a bit light at the front end. You also need about 5 miles to do it.
Lyn.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

I did not realise the big burger could be that bad on fuel ,crist the lowest I have ever had out of the srv is 43 mpg and that was giving it the berries and included a track day . My benelli 1130 you could get down to 30 ish mpg but again that was super bike performance wise . I,m shocked .

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

The big burg in manual is a blast! Found that overdrive trick the other week, very handy when getting places quickly. Trying to be a good boy at the moment as the short runs in heavy traffic through town to work are not good for the fuel economy at all while ridding with elan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luckydave
Current Ride: Burgman 650 and others

Post by Luckydave »

I'm picking a new Burgman650 up in next two weeks,didn't realise they needed running in and a first service,it's my first new bike since 2005 but 6 new cars haven't needed a low mileage first service,bit of dosh for the dealer I guess

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

I have had four big burgers, service intervals are short, rear tyres last about a week :lol: well you get the drift....not long 3000 on a good day as they say.They like the Bridgestones as well, not many make them that size as she is a bit on the lardy side..
Lyn.

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

On the big Burgers i've had,i have tended to get about 4k miles on a rear tyre and 9k miles on the front tyre,service intervals is my biggest gripe,i dont/cant tinker myself,4k miles service intervals should really be extended by now to 6k miles,piaggio have done it with the X10,i think the new Silverwings are 6k miles as well arnt they?

Other than that they are a great machine,i am on 650 number 5,despite being smitten by the BMW c650GT ,which i like the look of,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright