Was new 400 Burgman, now new 650 Exec.

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
wuffstuff
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Was new 400 Burgman, now new 650 Exec.

Post by wuffstuff »

Picked it up today. Seems OK. I was a little nervous and wobbly to start off but soon got going. Had a moment at my first roundabout as I wasn't used to the speed of turning of a scooter. I did spot that the speed is more throttle controlled than a bike and brakes were only to be used when final slowing was required.

After 45 miles and back home I felt great. Even stopping and switching off, then moving with feet wasn't an issue. The centre stand is excellent.

She's now disc locked and covered, ready for the morning when I'll go out and play properly (assuming it's not raining).

Thanks to all for their advice.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with their experience.

barryG
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300 SS

Re: New 400 Burgman

Post by barryG »

Glad youre enjoying it, pics needed :D

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Enjoy the new scoot!.
icon_thumbs_up.gif

mightbesane
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K4

Post by mightbesane »

I love my Burger and you'll love yours. Enjoy...
Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. ~Frank ZappaImage

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Post by Bluebottle »

Go on, sneak out and have a last look before going to bed, you know you want to. :P

Enjoy
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Wuffstuff, that' great news. Suggest you spend ages looking at it in the morning so you don't do any work of any kind. Play with her buttons and fiddly bits....she'll love it too!! :lol:

Seriously, I've only been on this site since February I guess, and got mine 1st March. Although I do know lots about motorcycles and cars, I knew absolutely nothing about scooters other than how much fun you get from riding one and their practicality. For me it was a natural choice to get the B400 as it's pedigree stood out and I have a brilliant dealer. There were others in the frame but the B400 ticked my boxes. But my point is there are loads of good knowledgeable people on here that will help you should you need it. I had some seemingly stupid questions when I joined and these guys know their stuff, and advised me accordingly, so do ask away should you need to.

Now when you have finished playing with her, get out on the road and excercise that engine. Post often!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

ridinhigh
Current Ride: GTS 300

Post by ridinhigh »

Wheres nearest burgman dealer to derby or not too far from derby? i would to look at one ,
having never seen one in the flesh so to speak.

thanks

wuffstuff

Post by wuffstuff »

It's been raining non-stop since I got home with the Burgman so riding has been non-existent. However, I just did a quick 30 miles between the showers, to assist with running in. Christ, it was windy.

I've sussed out how to lock the topbox at last (it's Givi Monokey really with a Suzuki logo on it) and I can stick my Schubert C3 away now.

There's more fun to come if only it would stop raining.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then they beat you with their experience.

wuffstuff

Post by wuffstuff »

Yesterday I did the first of my weekly journeys from Devon to Portsmouth. Started out at 6am and only 7 degrees C - freezing and foggy. After 30 mins it warmed up nicely and I was well on my way. As I'm still running in I had to go very slowly all the way there and back. None-the-less I enjoyed the 310 mile journey and even the work in the middle was OK. The bike was comfy 'ish; I has a tad of @rse ache, and a smidgen of backache, at times, but a bit of an on bike coping strategy enabled a continuously pleasurable journey. Of course, the weather helped as it became dry, sunny and 23 degrees. It did rain as I reached Taunton on the way back but I carry my waterproof stuff in the topbox.

The burg was brilliant throughout and couldn't be faulted. It did exactly what I asked of it at all times. I'm not one for trying to self justify a purchasing decision; I really do think these big old scooters are a supreme form of two wheel motoring. I felt exactly the same mentally as when I rode my VFR, my Road King Classic and all the other bikes I've had in my life. Who'd have thought it?

wuffstuff

Post by wuffstuff »

I had another run today - 100 miles from Bampton to Barnstaple then across the top of North Devon to Taunton and home.

Even though it rained heavily (quelle surprise) I thoroughly enjoyed it. My Alpinestars Goretex jacket and my Berghaus trousers kept me totally dry and I arrived home in excellent nick. There were times on this journey where I felt very similar to how I felt on a huge motorbike. Everyone should have a go at a scooter. It is not too different from a bike, and is more comfortable. Might be an age thing but I doubt it.

I must say that I have quickly got used to the 400 and I love it. Where next?