Air filter Mod n things.

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Air filter Mod n things.

Post by Ralph »

Been servicing the 400, here is a pic of the air filter, after over 3000 miles it's nr as clean as when fitted,
not filthy as it usually is, what I have done is fit a crude crap excluder, and it is crude but it works,
if you look at the second pic it's a bit of old inner tube fixed to those two ears that dangle down in front
of the rear tyre, and cut to fill the gap between the engine and plastics just in front of the rear tyre,
not only does it stop 90% of the crap getting into the air filter but helps keep the top of the engine
clean, pretty it ain't but it works and now I can refine it a bit, you cant really see it unless you start
looking around under the bike, you cant use anything stiff as things move about under there.
Another thing I noticed and you in the USA may not have this problem, is slight corrosion between
the oil filter cover and engine round the outside edge, not getting as far as the big O ring but it looks
like our winter sanded and salted roads are taking there toll, I have put a light smear of grease round
the outside of the big O ring hopefully this will stop it.

Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif