Handguards for the AN400

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
huddsman
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Handguards for the AN400

Post by huddsman »

Howdie everybody............ :)

Handguards from a V strom will fit the 650 burgman but does anybody know if they will fit the AN400 model ????
I have searched the internet to death but cannot get an answer so hopefully one of you Burgman seasoned riders may know....

cheers

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Re: Handguards for the AN400

Post by VOZZA »

Can't think why the wouldn't fit if they are ok on the 650. I haven't had a 400 Burger myself but I did fit the same handguards onto a Suzuki Bandit S once.
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

bornagainbiker
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by bornagainbiker »

There are no official Suzuki Handguards for the newer Burgman 650 due to the retractible electric wing mirrors would hit them.
The Suzuki website gives two different Handguard part numbers for the VStrom 650 and Burgman AN400 so can not say if they would fit?
2018 Honda Forza 300 Daelim S3 Advance 250 Piaggio Fly 125 3v Burgman 650 L1 Burgman 400 K8

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

I once fitted a set to a TDM900, I wonder if Suzuki ever actually sell any for the V-Strom!
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

Maxman
Benefactor
Current Ride: XJ6s Diversion + X-Max 250 ABS

Post by Maxman »

If they do fit they'll need to be from the 1000 V-Strom to clear the rear brake master cylinder.

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Maxman wrote:If they do fit they'll need to be from the 1000 V-Strom to clear the rear brake master cylinder.
My Bandit although a 650 had a hydraulic clutch and it was no problem on that.
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

I don't know about handguards from other models but the standard ones aren't much good. I had them fitted to my last Burger when I had had it for about a year and they came as standard on my latast one. They are half decent when it comes to keeping the wind off your fingers but don't offer enough coverage for the backs of the hands. Better to spend the money on a good pair of gloves in my opinion.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

You can tweak them slightly if you want to alter the angle. It means a slight alteration to the brake and clutch lever angles but it doesn't take much to gain a good effect. I altered mine by the smallest tiniest amount possible and got a big reduction on the airflow to the back of the hand area. The lever angles didn't even register in my brain, but then, little does!! :o
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

paula4u
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400AN K8

Post by paula4u »

Burgman1958 wrote:I don't know about handguards from other models but the standard ones aren't much good. I had them fitted to my last Burger when I had had it for about a year and they came as standard on my latast one. They are half decent when it comes to keeping the wind off your fingers but don't offer enough coverage for the backs of the hands. Better to spend the money on a good pair of gloves in my opinion.

after 3 years of use.. mmmm i second that.. i really rely on my heated grips though i do get by with using lightweight gloves.

DATA you tweaked them.. on a burgman 400 can you send me more info please
:kiss:
ooops another Burgman AN400 K8 again and...
YAMAHA VIRAGO DX535 AND XV250
Suzuki SV650S
Skoda Octavia is for lazy driving
Past Bikes: Honda S-Wing 125, Suzuki Burgman 400AN K3, Yamaha YBR125ED, Burgman AN400 K8

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

paula4u wrote:
Burgman1958 wrote:I don't know about handguards from other models but the standard ones aren't much good. I had them fitted to my last Burger when I had had it for about a year and they came as standard on my latast one. They are half decent when it comes to keeping the wind off your fingers but don't offer enough coverage for the backs of the hands. Better to spend the money on a good pair of gloves in my opinion.

after 3 years of use.. mmmm i second that.. i really rely on my heated grips though i do get by with using lightweight gloves.

DATA you tweaked them.. on a burgman 400 can you send me more info please
:kiss:
Hi Paula4u, sorry for the delay. Yes you can just loosen the bolts slightly that hold the brake levers and swivel the brake levers and handguards up or down on the bars to where you would like them to be. Just remember to retighten the lever securing bolts but be careful as these can easily be overtightened and the threads damaged. You are only looking to move the guards a small amount. As you do this you will notice the master cylinders resevoirs swivel with the levers and handguards so there is no danger of them contacting each other. Just watch out too that you can still go to full lock without the handguards hitting your fairing. It should be ok though if you move then little by little. I can't actually remember how much clearance there is but it's plenty.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...