Anyone up for an adventure

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
fatcatlawyer
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Re: Anyone up for an adventure

Post by fatcatlawyer »

Hi Peter I am in Portugal without the scooter at this time I an in Almadina. Can we meet so as to bring matters up to date?
Yours Ian Giggal

pikey

Post by pikey »

You down there in the Bongo Ian

fatcatlawyer
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by fatcatlawyer »

Hello to Peter p1per.
I am in Portugal can we arrange a meeting? I am in Almadina till Tuesday.
Ian Giggal.

Peterp1per
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by Peterp1per »

Hello Ian

Typical........I had been checking this forum for private messages from you, not thinking to look back at the original thread, which was attracting abusive postings anyway.

Now it seems I have missed a chance to meet with you! You were only 30km away.

I had hoped that if I met you in person we could sort out the V5C such that you are the keeper, I cannot just post it to you as I am the one resposible for submitting it to DVLA and I need you to fill in the new keeper section. You can then do with it what you want. Even complete the delivery and then give it back to me if you want, scrap it, set it alight, sell it etc.

I still have it insured and taxed but if at the end of May when my uk insurance runs out you do not have it insured and it comes off the MID I will have to sorn it to prevent my being held account. This will make even more complications, particularly as it is registered at a uk address to which I no longer have access.

For future reference my number here is (+351)915544106 and my email as you know is mail@peterfinch.net

pikey

Post by pikey »

Can you get Judge Rinder on ITV 1 in Portugal this would make great viewing .

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

:lol: :lol:

Judge Rinder "So, you handed over your motorcycle to someone you don't know, have never seen and couldn't recognise, who's address is unknown to you and you asked for no proof of ID. You left the country but still continue to pay the tax and insurance on it and you are expecting this person to deliver it to you in a foreign country. In March 2015 he set off but allegedly broke down just 20 metres into France with just 5 Euros in his pocket so he returned to the UK. He then tried again in May 2015 after helping his daughter win a local council election and this time he got a full 25 kms into France before breaking a belt and disappearing. Meanwhile, despite not being able to contact you either by phone, email or PM, he managed to make 22 posts on the 'maxi-muppet' web site as well as attend a run out in Derbyshire, UK. Why do you trust him?"

Peterp1per "Well, Judge, it's like this. He goes on a forum I frequent and has the user name of 'Fatcatlawyer' so he MUST be okay!"

Judge Rinder "ARE YOU STUPID? - NO, DON'T ANSWER THAT, I ALREADY KNOW!" icon_icon_batty.gif :lol: :lol:
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

Peterp1per

Post by Peterp1per »

Oh ye of little faith, mark my words Ian will ride triumphantly up my drive at some point in the next decade.

Just to address a couple of points, (see 'abusive' reference in my last post.)

I know Ian's name and address.
I trust him because my instinct tells me he is straight, if a bit uncommunicative.
He is who he says he is and was/is a bona fide solicitor, easy to check.
My ex gf met him and would recognise him if she saw him again. She is a good judge of character.
I really don't care tuppence for the machine and have no use for it, I started this process as a bit of fun.
Sadly the outcome has been anything but fun for Ian but I'm sure it has kept some of you entertained.

Oh and I still need a volunteer to deliver my Monkey Bike, any takers?
Lightning couldn't possibly strike twice could it.

pikey

Post by pikey »

If you know his name and address you can fill in V5 and send it off to dvla and send him green slip

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

Peterp1per wrote:Oh ye of little faith, mark my words Ian will ride triumphantly up my drive at some point in the next decade.
I think he's been riding triumphantly up your drive since last March mate!
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

Peterp1per

Post by Peterp1per »

Pikey, so you suggest I forge his signature on the V5. Very very bad idea. Even worse as he is a lawer.