Anyone up for an adventure

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Deleted User 4154

Re: Anyone up for an adventure

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Peterp1per wrote:Pikey, so you suggest I forge his signature on the V5. Very very bad idea. Even worse as he is a lawer.
You don't need to bother with any of that. Notifying a change of keeper can be done online now.

https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

pikey

Post by pikey »

Peterp1per wrote:Pikey, so you suggest I forge his signature on the V5. Very very bad idea. Even worse as he is a lawer.

I'd of sent it off without signiture just put purchaser not present but if Jaz says don't need to .Main thing is telling them you don't own it anymore .

Ex Lawyer he's retired

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

pikey wrote:I'd of sent it off without signiture just put purchaser not present
That works as well - I sold a bike a couple of months ago to a chap in Brighton who sent a courier to collect it. I signed it pp for the buyer and he got his V5c in due course & I got my letter confirming I'm no longer the registered keeper.

So - no fraud implied or required :D

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

Jaz wrote:
You don't need to bother with any of that. Notifying a change of keeper can be done online now.

https://www.gov.uk/sold-bought-vehicle

There you go. Sorted. All you need is his permission. Make sure you get his permission in written form - a text or an email should suffice - you say you have his address now. You do have his mobile number and email address don't you?
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

Just put not present on signiture part . job done
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Peterp1per
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by Peterp1per »

Very helpful thank you

Peterp1per
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by Peterp1per »

Just the 'getting his permision' bit that scuppers it as he is not in communication with me, which is the nub of the whole problem.

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

Plenty of people buy cars/bikes unseen off of auction sites and have them delivered. First time they get the paperwork is when the bike gets delivered. Your situation is no different. Strange that he won't communicate. Worryingly strange. As the law stands, the onus is on you to notify the DVLA of the new keeper, so JFDI!
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

pikey

Post by pikey »

Knowing Ian it's not he won't communicate it's just last thing on his mind .Him turning up in Portugal and saying I'm here says that .Just unfortunate he didn't let you know in advance .On the other hand you have to protect your self .I don't think he's using it when saw him at Shell Island it was in his garden needing a belt .He brought the subject up and told us the story we didn't .

pikey

Post by pikey »

If you just declared it as a sorn better than nothing .