Anyone up for an adventure

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Re: Anyone up for an adventure

Post by Liam »

Peterp1per wrote: I think it has bad Karma
It doesn't help that you aren't in the country. Maybe you are just too trusting....

By the way.... Do you fancy buying a new Tmax 530 ABS ?
Send the cash and I promise to ride it all the way to Portugal for free! 8-)

pikey

Post by pikey »

Liam wrote:
It doesn't help that you aren't in the country. Maybe you are just too trusting....

Is it Orange by any chance ?

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

pikey wrote:
Liam wrote:

Is it Orange by any chance ?
You know I like chocolate

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

Peterp1per wrote:Yes I am a demented idiot (thanks for that) but I do know Fatcats name and address, he is the owner, I am the keeper. .........
I think you have that wrong. Let me try to explain. Say you had a company car. The company is the owner. You use it so you are the keeper. Now, say the car is seen speeding/jumping a red light/parked on double yellow lines/driving on the road with no tax, insurance or mot/entering a congestion zone without paying/filling with fuel and doing a drive off/crashing into a bus queue of schoolchildren. Who will the police be looking to prosecute - the owner (I.e. The company) or the keeper and user (I.e. You)? When the police go to the company, they will have proof of who is using the vehicle as they will have your personal details as you are an employee of theirs and you will have signed some form of document accepting use and responsibility of the vehicle.

How would the police know he is the owner? Have you've met him then? Do you know what he looks like? Has he given you proof of address - driving licence, passport, utility bill? Do you have something signed by him stating that he is the owner and user? Or do you just have his word in an email giving that information?

Don't you think it's strange that he has not commented on this thread for some time pointing out what the situation is? I sure as hell do.

Does he have your bike? YES! He is the keeper and user then! I don't know you from Adam but for fucks sake mate, stop being so gullible and do yourself a big, big favour. You have absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose by being named as the keeper of a vehicle you have no control over especially if you have no signed proof of who is using it.

If you want further advice in private, you can pm me.

If not, GET IT OUT OF YOUR NAME AND INTO HIS BEFORE YOU GET INTO SERIOUS TROUBLE.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Post by rtfm »

I agree with Steve, you are leaving yourself open to a world of pain for no reason.

He's offering good advice, don't take it as an insult. Whatever you decide to do, good luck and keep us posted. This is possibly the strangest (but most interesting) thread I've seen on here.

Maxster
Benefactor
Current Ride: None

Post by Maxster »

Bloody Hell! I've just read every post on this saga and looking forward to the end with a possible murder or two. It's like a bloody Alistair McClean with the last page missing.

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

good advice steve, maybe the scoots been sold on, ya never know, seen as the magical mystery tour might not have happened and the devil rider fatcatlayer is silent ??????? Last active:Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:47 am
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Gerard C »

I love this thread too. I was going to put myself up for the trip but didn't get a response - I'd still do it.

pikey

Post by pikey »

Scooter still needs a belt he may have another attempt next year .2 failed attempts broke down twice .Saw him other weekend at shell island .

victor
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman Exec 650 K9

Post by victor »

I would ask fatcat for advice in a pm I have met him he is a nice chap, clue is in his name retired but would still have contact or even know