Anyone up for an adventure

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Deleted User 4154

Re: Anyone up for an adventure

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Peterp1per wrote:Just the 'getting his permision' bit that scuppers it as he is not in communication with me, which is the nub of the whole problem.
Well, you can let yourself get hung up on this 'permission' thing or just look at the facts: you are no longer the current keeper of the scooter, Ian is. By not informing the DVLA of this you're risking demands for money and court hassle. If I were in your position I would get the V5c transferred into his name asap.

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

I think you're pissing in the wind there Jaz. This bloke just won't listen to reason. If he comes a cropper, it'll be all of his own making and nobody else's. We can only offer advice, if he doesn't take it that's his problem. Deep down I suspect he fears or is in awe of someone he has never met purely based on their forum user name.
Here's something else he might want to consider: http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/insurance ... ne-7142856
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

Steve_D
Benefactor

Post by Steve_D »

So, what eventually happened? Anyone know. Surely in the 18 months since this thread started, the tax, insurance and mot had expired. Did it get to Portugal? Is Peterp1per still in communication with FCL? They both stopped posting in Dec/Jan.

Honda SH300i

pikey

Post by pikey »

It never made it to Portugal they tried to make contact while Ian was in Portugal on holiday don't know what happened after that .

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

I'm still awaiting a reply to my post from last August
Liam wrote:
Peterp1per wrote: I think it has bad Karma
It doesn't help that you aren't in the country. Maybe you are just too trusting....

By the way.... Do you fancy buying a new Tmax 530 ABS ?
Send the cash and I promise to ride it all the way to Portugal for free! 8-)

pikey

Post by pikey »

Got as much chance as Frank coming on a Pikeytours trip :lol: :lol:

Peterp1per
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by Peterp1per »

All quiet on the western front. I had actually forgotten all about it.
Not the biggest issue I have to contend with what with the bloody exchange rate collapse, leaving the EU etc.
If it turned up here it would be just another problem. I expect it's rotted away by now in the UK weather.

Reading your posts it seems to me that you are all beaten down by the system and the dire consequences of doing or not doing some thing or other. You will be found out for sure so toe the line.

Here the gov is very left and doesn't see it as it's purpose to make the ordinary man's life difficult. The poor sods are struggling on a few hundred a month and don't need the heavy hand of big brother interfering.
Having had a military dictatorship then a revolution tends to keep the authorities on-side.

No Gatso's no anpr no on-line licence or vehicle records, no mot for bikes under 250, 125's on a car license, no L plates, no license points until very recently and mostly ignored anyway, lots of people without licences or insurance, or perhaps obtained on the black.
Vehicle tax? Just pay the dosh at the tax office, no proof of mot or insurance needed.
Admittedly you need to display a postage stamp sized docket showing your inspection and insurance but it is not something you could read easily, there is no mot or insurance database.
Everything is down to common sense but of course if you have an accident there is a mighty reckoning, so just don't have one ok.
Rather like the 1960's in the uk.
A excellent system that rewards careful driving and punishes the feckless.

Steve_D
Benefactor

Post by Steve_D »

Where are you again? Cuba?

Honda SH300i

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Thanks for asking the question. :lol: :lol:
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Steve_D
Benefactor

Post by Steve_D »

What do you expect from a man that gives his bike to a total stranger in the U.K. and expects it to turn up in Portugal?

Honda SH300i