'00 Burgman 400 occasionally cutting out

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
primalcarl
Current Ride: S-Wing

Re: '00 Burgman 400 occasionally cutting out

Post by primalcarl »

michaelphillips wrote:Dont they have a cold start carb heater?? Could be faulty or does it have its own fuse?? Could have blown fuse .. Just thinking aloud ....
Yeah it has a carb heater and I've checked that it works, it definitely heats up as after a while it was too hot to touch!

primalcarl
Current Ride: S-Wing

Post by primalcarl »

Jaz wrote:
primalcarl wrote:It seems though that when the outside temperature falls below about 5 degrees, it just doesn't like starting.
I never had starting problems, but the temp gauge never got off the stop in weather such as you describe. This was accompanied by very lumpy running, and occasional stalling at lights. I 'fixed' this by covering half the radiator intake with gaffa tape during the winter months - never had a problem again.
Something to consider! Mine stalled at railway crossing lights the other night which surprised me, wasn't too cold I don't think but useful to know how you coped with yours

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

I know i go on about these plugs but i would fit a brisk LGS spark plug . or at least check the idle and adjust it higher on the carb for winter use. When i worked on a 2000 burg last year i noticed it would tick over low so adjusted it higher. . most scoots idle around the 1800 i notice so this would help when bike settles to idle and stop the stall Just a thought
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.