'00 Burgman 400 occasionally cutting out

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
primalcarl
Current Ride: S-Wing

Re: '00 Burgman 400 occasionally cutting out

Post by primalcarl »

Cheers for that Pikey, found the video. Will look into that. I couldn't work out from his video whether he was getting any spark before his fix or none at all. I'm getting a spark at the moment

pikey

Post by pikey »

No he wasn't getting spark don't think before repair .

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Post by michaelphillips »

As pikey said but dont go down the pulse route if you have good spark its only that route if the ecu rear of seat is not getting enuf minute volt to send coil voltage. Just thougjt id mention xx
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

pikey

Post by pikey »

There was a guy having intermittent problems could have been that .Guy in video said it passed resitance test just was producing very low voltage .

michaelphillips
Benefactor

Cant remember now think its 1.4volts at ecu
If 1.2v or below it wont trigger the coil circuit

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

Well! what was the out come of your endeavors towards an effective cure to this malady? It would be very interesting for the rest of us to find out what you had to do to cure the problem, or is it ongoing?
Lyn.

primalcarl
Current Ride: S-Wing

Post by primalcarl »

I ended up buying an uprated battery with more starting power and more amps and that made starting a little more reliable in the mornings.

It seems though that when the outside temperature falls below about 5 degrees, it just doesn't like starting.

I've bought a jump pack to carry under the seat and have had to use it the last few days, but starts first time with the jump pack! Very strange

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

primalcarl wrote:Just one thing, when I turn the ignition on the fuel gauge needle moves VERY very slowly. Is this normal for Burgmans or a sign of something (ie fuel pump) not working properly?
I had a '99 AN400 (same engine etc. as yours), and it was exactly as you describe, so probably nothing to worry about!

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

primalcarl wrote:It seems though that when the outside temperature falls below about 5 degrees, it just doesn't like starting.
I never had starting problems, but the temp gauge never got off the stop in weather such as you describe. This was accompanied by very lumpy running, and occasional stalling at lights. I 'fixed' this by covering half the radiator intake with gaffa tape during the winter months - never had a problem again.

michaelphillips
Benefactor

Dont they have a cold start carb heater?? Could be faulty or does it have its own fuse?? Could have blown fuse .. Just thinking aloud ....