First ride on my new Burg 650

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

First ride on my new Burg 650

Post by Z750Jay »

I knew about the infill being needed but the re were none available at the time. A week later I found the infill but from some place in Germany via Amazon. Going to go for the 47 NN (Matt black) or 47NNTFL (has dayglow yellow infills) with the high level brake repeaters. Got to wait until next months pay comes in as this months also had to cope with new glasses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: First ride on my new Burg 650

Post by Stephen »

You're correct,tricky to get hold of,i ordered one from Branded Biker(J&B Motorcycles)phoned them this morning to see how the order was going,a very helpful lady said that a Givi order was due in later in the day and that she would despatch it,but i've had a phone call from her saying its on back order,which i am most frustrated with.

I've explored the Givi web site and found the Givi SR 3104kit,it does state on there,"this SR3104kit must be used with the SR3104 rack to fit to the New shape Burgman"if thats the case why not pack the 3104 rack and kit in the same box and price it accordingly,looks like i've got a couple of weeks to wait,may well have to come from Givi Italy.

I finally had to phone the original ebay shop again as they had'nt got back to me,i had told them their ebay add was wrong,as it said the items in the sale was a complete fitting kit,they said they had'nt got back to me,as the were still checking to see if i was right about the extra fitting kit needed :cry:

I've put the sat nav on,as well as my riders backrest,installed the lead for my heated gloves to the battery,also put an extra accessory lead on at the same time,i also had the screen off and when i put it back,i placed a couple of tap washers behind the screen on the top two holes which should flick the air/noise upwards a bit more,still got the laminar lip i removed from the old Burgman.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

I have the Puig screen on mine, makes a big difference.

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

That screen looks nice,how much taller is it compared to the Suzuki one.
I've been looking at pictures of the extra plastic piece for the rack installation,i am not confident its going to look nice,it looks as if it does'nt fit around the seat lock like the stock one does,i am beginning to wonder if i should of gone for the Suzuki top box now :(

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

Screen is about 12cm taller and a tadge wider. Fitted the filler from Givi. It's a latex/rubber thingImage

Does not surround the seat lock

That's not a problem for me as I have the pannier rack that's taking up most of the space there. I went for the Givi kit as it is built solid rather than the Suzuki which looked flimsy (I have had racks break in the past).

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

I did'nt think it would cover the seat lock,when i see a picture of the infill,i was wondering what it looked like with the seat lock exposed.My mate has a 2013 new shape 650 Burgman with a Suzuki top box(47 litre) i'll get him to take apicture and see what his looks like.

My infill did'nt arrive today at the shop i ordered it from,back order could be a couple of weeks,Italy shuts down for six weeks summer break.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

Someone at work has one in white and went with the Suzuki unit. Looks nice and the infill matches the rest of the bike. As I have had bad experiences with the Suzuki luggage in the past I rather fit Givi - I am not bothered by how the bike looks, for me it's how practical it is as the bike is my daily transport and not a hobby/toy/object of lust. I am weird like that.
When I go to bike meets with my mates they are all "oh look at that is a GSX RR with reverse tachyon pulse injection" while I am "oh, it's red. Can we go yet?"

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Z750Jay wrote:Someone at work has one in white and went with the Suzuki unit. Looks nice and the infill matches the rest of the bike. As I have had bad experiences with the Suzuki luggage in the past I rather fit Givi
I prefer givi gear as well,which is why i will wait,could of sent the givi box back and gone with a Suzuki box,but its smaller and dearer.I have sent Givi UK an email expressing my displeasure,but not yet received a reply,so will be on the phone to them again next week.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

The other option is to get the Suzuki non executive 2013 and onwards panel. The guy at work had to send off for it from abroad (USA I think). I briefly considered it but I think the panel was $40-50 plus another $35 postage and there was a long delay as non were in stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Z750Jay wrote:Someone at work has one in white and went with the Suzuki unit. Looks nice and the infill matches the rest of the bike. As I have had bad experiences with the Suzuki luggage in the past I rather fit Givi
If I'm not mistaken Suzuki OE luggage is rebadged Kappa same as Suzuki clothing is Akito clothing