First ride on my new Burg 650

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Re: First ride on my new Burg 650

Post by Z750Jay »

Had a full set of Suzuki luggage on the DL1000. Absolute shite, very odd shapes and plastic so thin it was more like throw overs. And do not get me started on the bad catches on the panniers - had to strap mine to the bike as they would unlatch when I hit a bump (or if they felt like it) and dump themselves and their contents across the road.
Might of changed now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

I have tried loads of different places to get the sr3104 kit that fits inbetween the seat and rear tail panel,everywhere i tried have said its on back order,gone back to the original shop to argue with him and he now tells me he has purchased the last two from Givi UK :roll: i could tell from the conversations i've had with him that he is not a biker,he has despatched the part to me at cost,postage free,its down the local post office as i was out Saturday.I just hope its the correct part,if its not,he can have the lot back and i'll price up a suzuki top box,i'll be over my 14 day exchange period,but the advert on his ebay shop is wrong,i've told him that,but its still not been changed.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

I had heard that a lot of the Givi stuff advertised is only ordered from Givi when you order it from the retailer, hence why I went via Amazon as they are better with "if it says it's in stock, it is in stock".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Just an update on my Top Box,fitting kit,finally got it from the original ebay shop i got the top box from,easy to fit once the extra kit is in place,took the Burgman for a spin Saturday meeting Poldark(Martyn) for breakfast,back via a 3 hour stop at the Apple Store in Milton Keynes(thats another story to tell :roll: )and the box has'nt fallen off,so must of done a good job.
Image Image Image Image Image

The pillion back rest and panels removed have been wrapped up in bubble wrap and stored away,not got a pillion back rest for the top box as i never take a pillion.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

Nice, hopefully will order the top box this week. Probably will go for the 55 like yours. Is that a rider back rest I see in the last photo?

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Yes,i think i got it from motorcyclelarry.com......i think i have a spare one at home,if you are interested,very comfortable piece of kit.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

It is the reason I got the burg in the first place. I know I can get/build removable riders back rests. Was going to look at making one myself/ buy a Corbin seat system, depending on what the wife will let me get away with ;)

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

I am at muver's at the moment,doing a few jobs in return for Sunday lunch,when i get home i'll have a dig around for it.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

The original owner of motorcyclelarry (U.S.A. Based) is unfortunately brown bread,i have read on Burgmanusa,that the service has gone down hill,goods not received ect,3brothers also U.S.A.based also do a version.

I have found my other riders backrest,i will just check its the correct one as i also have one for the pre 2013 model and they differ slightly.I tried to modify the riders backrest on my other Burgman to make it even more comfortable,but i am no engineer and it felt good,but did'nt look to neat.

Image Image Image
Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

That's why I was going the Corbin seat path as the backrest is removable/folds foreword plus doe not require me ripping the original seat apart. Main idea was to use the Corbin most of the time and only use the original if the temps dropped enough for me to require a heated seat