Scooter dash / helmet cam

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
PhilD
Current Ride: 2020 Burgman 400Z

Scooter dash / helmet cam

Post by PhilD »

I am looking for a decent dash cam / discreet helmet cam and am frankly totally confused .....
There is so much plastic on a Burgman I can't see where I would fix a dash cam where it would be discrete and vibration free (ish)

I have also seen some bullet cameras that would fit on my helmet, that claim full HD but have limited battery life, and dash cams that have mixed reviews and are not reliable.

Can anyone please tell me what they use and the pros and cons?

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Re: Scooter dash / helmet cam

Post by kayz1 »

Not cheap but work very well, front and back waterproof so leave on bike...Tiny diddy things.

Innovv K1 2-channel Motorcycle DVR

http://www.innovv.com/#!the-k1/c3r6

Take a look at this thread on the NC forum
http://www.nc700.co.uk/index.php?/topic ... ntry111485

PhilD
Current Ride: 2020 Burgman 400Z

Post by PhilD »

Kayz1 ....Thanks for the input ....
I looked at the Innovv, but it had mixed reviews with cabling being too short for bigger bikes (would the front camera route through the Burgman step through OK?) and it having interference problems.
Admittedly, the reviews were in 2015, so perhaps these issues have been resolved.
I was a little worried that support might be thin on the ground as well, as the system is ordered directly from China with apparently no UK sellers?
If you have used one on a bike, I would be interested in more info.

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Next pay day I will get a Givvi rack for my 650 burg and I am going to work out how to fit a raspberry pi camera as a rear view. The idea is to have a removable screen in the space on handle bar, the pi located some place and the camera in a waterproof unit under the rack. Might also go for a fwd facing one one I have proved the idea works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

philD, not used or got one myself, ask the guy on the NC site he does not bite....I think he has had it a year or so now he had one problem and they sent him a new unit....no problems after that have been reported...
Z750Jay...not thought of the Pi, i have an original and the new version....big thinks now.
PS: i have a Rickman Z1 in bits in the garage i need a new/ secondhand lower engine case ( sump ) i have all the rest to get it on the road again...not bothering until i can find a sump.

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

With the pi it would be easy enough to hide the connections inside all the plastic bodywork so that the screen can be removed. Will be ordering the rack later this week after pay day along with the pi's camera

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayz1
Benefactor

Post by kayz1 »

Is the Pi's camera waterproof then?