Riderscan Mirror Thing

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Riderscan Mirror Thing

Post by Z750Jay »

Just fitted the Riderscan mirror thing to the big Burg. I now can finally see what is behind me!
Hopefully it will also help when I am getting it out the front garden in the morning (already picked up a couple of scratches) ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z750Jay

Re: Riderscan Mirror Thing

Post by Z750Jay »

Just had the first ride through rush hour traffic in heavy rain with it. It was handy while filtering when the normal mirrors are folded in - helps see if that guy on the GSX R was keeping up, he was not.
Handy at the lights to see if there is another bike filtering up behind. Also good for spotting cyclists without taking your view off of the lights.
The 15 point turn to get the bike into the front garden - I can finally spot the wall without using the number plate as a stop and thus stop more scratches on the exhaust.
Dual carriageway and motorway will have to wait for a few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

No work for me yesterday,so took the Burgman out for a spin as it was a nice dry day,although chilly,i've had a short ride to try the riderscan,but this was a longer ride.I think its a great idea and works well,i thought i would throw to much concerntration on the riderscan and not on the road ahead,but i did'nt,as far as i am aware i glanced in the riderscan at the same time i glanced in the mirrors,in one sweeping movement,still doing the life savers as well,i may have to drop my sat nav ram mount down,i have a spare handle bar cover,so i'll proberly attach a ram mount to that,need to check that the view of the dash is not blocked when sat nav unit is in place.

I think the riderscan works best in town type traffic as i have said in other postings.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

Glad to hear that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

I'm considering one of these as I have trouble looking over my right shoulder. One question: do they wobble with the screen? As this would blur the view in them.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Mine does'nt,clear view it is not blurred,follow the fitting instructions and all should be well......

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

No wobble or blur, though as I have only really been riding through heavy traffic I have not been able to use it 'at speed'. Did help last night spot the chump in his Smart car how sat right in the blind spot of the main mirrors

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

OK, now we have something to help us to spot a car in our blind spot all we need is something to help car drivers see us in their blind spot...

Z750Jay

Post by Z750Jay »

Lol, I find overtaking them is the best way