Picking it up..........

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Luckydave
Current Ride: Burgman 650 and others

Picking it up..........

Post by Luckydave »

On Tuesday,my new White Burgman will be ready for collection trading my trusty old Silverwing in,fingers crossed weather stays fine.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: Picking it up..........

Post by StephenC »

Phew. Thought you meant you'd dropped it. Probably need a fork lift to put one of those upright again :lol:
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Luckydave

Post by Luckydave »

Got to be honest regarding the weight of a Burgman I don't find it or my Silverwing heavy at all either on move or moving around garage,I'm used to riding Harleys so Burgman is a lightweight to me

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Are we talking about the 650 or 400 here Dave? Either way, congratulations on doing the deal.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Luckydave

Post by Luckydave »

A 650.Got into twist and go scoots almost 2 years ago,I'd had a knee replacement and couldn't drive a car but I could ride my daughter in laws 50cc Piaggio.The little Piaggio was great but too small so bought a Hexagon 250 that I rode for a year I loved it but needed something bigger so along came my Silverwing 600 which I have done 6000 miles on since June.Bit disappointed with Honda for not developing/improving it over the years and now they have stopped selling them here as not Euro4 spec.My mate has a Burgman 650 I have ridden and like very much so here I am buying a new one.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Tuesday should see a big smile on your face then,i have been roding them for a number of years now,got a new white one back in September,they are a nice bit of kit,got myself a extended riders backrest which is well worth the money,i did buy an after market givi screen,installedit,but it was far to tall,did'nt even go for a ride with it on,i got a laminar lip instead,i was'nt affected by the buffeting at speeds,it was the noise,but the lip has cut the noise down by a lot.I did also get myself a front fender extender,handy cheap extra,keeps a lot of road debris away from the radiator,comes with sticky pads and four plastic rivots.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Luckydave

Post by Luckydave »

I'm having a fenda extender/topbox and plate/wind deflectors fitted by dealer.Where did you get the extended backrest from?Contemplating a Givi screen but will try the standard one first,does the one you have give more protection to your hands? If you still have it would you sell the Givi screen?

Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Post by Z750Jay »

Not got the givi screen, went with one from Puig as it was taller and has a adjustable vent. I put the screen right up while on the motorway to stop the ind and move it down in town so I can see over. Not got around to the fend a extenda as when I offered it up it and tapped it in place it fouls on the curb i have to cross to get the bike into the garden.
Weight wize, I find it light enough. Did set up a test 'can I pick this up test' ( padding on ground and gently lay bike over). Picking it up from a left drop is easy but from the right I would have to wait until the exhaust cooled down a it would burn my right calf.
Still getting to grips with the lack of clutch and are currently experimenting with the manual gear change.
Thing I would like Suzuki to do:

Bigger wheel on the front
Bigger fuel tank
Fit a CLUTCH!
Oh and give me 1000cc and 100bhp

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Luckydave wrote:I'm having a fenda extender/topbox and plate/wind deflectors fitted by dealer.Where did you get the extended backrest from?Contemplating a Givi screen but will try the standard one first,does the one you have give more protection to your hands? If you still have it would you sell the Givi screen?
The backrest came from "motorcyclelarry.com"based in the USA,three brothers is also another company,again based stateside.

The screen I have has the extra hand protection and I would be interested in selling it,its brand new,if you are going to install a sat nav I got the power from the accessory point in the glove box and have a mount on the brake resivior.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Luckydave

Post by Luckydave »

Stephen,think I sent you a PM